Boones Little Buckeroo

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shadowsmystictopaz

Reaction score
I have liked Boones Little Buckeroo for a while now and i have decided that i would like to see pics and a full foal page of all his babies. I did a research that took me a cuple of days to do and i found out that Boones Little Buckeroo is a very historical stallion. He is mentioned in the Past and Present stallion book more then 24 times and his sons and Little King farm or other horses with his name in the pedigree 35 times. Thats what I call a great stallion. Orion is mentioned a few times but not like Orion was. I belive that he made history with his babies and grandchildren. In the future i want to get a son or daughter out of Boones Little buckeroo and make a great breeding farm. I want to have a great breeding farm and a great show string. A breeding farm needs horses that have good quality and a great bloodline. A bloodline like Boones will make a great breeding farm. My horses that i won are importsnt to me but i have no idea about there bloodline and that is what has me all fired up for a bloodline i do know about. In the future when I have shown for a while and am ready for my breeding farm to get ready I will look far and wide for that perfect son or daughter. I belive that if you want something badly you should look for it and look untill you find it. dont settle for anything that isnt what you want. A breeding farm takes time and money and that isnt always easy. You want the best bloodline out there one that people know about one that is truthfully one you can trust. I have learned from getting a mare and breeding her that it is so important that you know everything about the horses you buy for breeding. I wish i had known more about my mare and the stallion we used on her but i dont and i feel horrible because of it. I wont make that mistake ever again. So to make my future bright I will do as I have told you to do. i will show for a while and then when the time is right ill do my research withoutt fail and i will get the best studs and mares for my breeding farm. They will make babies that will be just as amazing as Boones Little Buckeroo is.

what did you think of my post do you like it? I just thought that id post it because i feel so strongly about alot of things.

I'd like to see a picture of this guy!

And best wishes to you and your goals! Takes time but if you set our mind to it YOu can do it!! Good Luck!!

Oh, I think most of us would love to produce a horse as outstanding and who could have even 1/100th an impact on the breed as has Buckeroo. Over the past couple of years, I've been able to put what to me is "a lot" of Buckeroo into my herd and am for sure a fan of the line!

Here are links to pages about my Buckeroo bred horses:

Ericas Echos Of My Destiny [SIZE=8pt][/SIZE]Stallion -- grandson of both Alvadars Double Destiny & Little Kings Buck Echo

Destiny%20Area%205%202006%203.jpg

Ericas Gone and DunIT[SIZE=8pt][/SIZE]

Stallion -- grandson of BTU & Yellow Diamond Little Feather, Great Grandson of Egyptian King

DUNIT%20--%2006232006%20138.jpg

Ericas Oh What A Suprize[SIZE=8pt][/SIZE]

Mare -- granddaughter of BTU

Surprise%20DSCN7244.jpg

Ericas Double Dipped[SIZE=8pt][/SIZE]

Mare -- granddaughter of BTU

Double%20Mares%20Page%202.jpg

Harrells Flirting With Perfection[SIZE=8pt][/SIZE]

Filly -- Buckeroo and Rowdy Lines

Flirt%20--%2009092006%20--%20163.jpg

Fantasy Corrals Secret Treasure[SIZE=8pt][/SIZE]

Filly -- Buckeroo and Egyptian King Lines

Treasure%20--%2010132006%20--%20045%20MARE%20PAGE.jpg

Little Kings BT Bacardi Gold[SIZE=8pt][/SIZE]

Gelding -- Son of BTU

2006%20VMHC%20Summer%20Show%20--%20Sunny,%20DunIT%20and%20Bacardi%20--%20040%20SMALLER%20FOR%20WEBSITE.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not a Buckeroo fan, but nothing against anyone who is..................HOWEVER I want to say just because a horse has Buckeroo in his pedigree doesn't make him and incredible animal. I see many animals that have Buckeroo in their pedigree and really they shouldn't be being bred. That is my thoughts, but the best of luck to you.

Buckeroo is not the save all of life........I bet you could even ask the Eberths that and they would agree, it is a process to find the right 'nick' with Buckeroo, and they have worked hard to get where they are at.

That may be true. But the work of the Eberths and Buckaroo has produced some beautiful horses. And those go on to produce beautiful horses. There is no horse that can hit a home run every time. There does have to be something said for the amount of babies that have followed in his footsteps and grandbabies that have also. There are few stallions that have made that impact.

I don't have a direct son but a grandson.

BoStretch.JPG

Here is my double bred Buckeroo boy, Little Kings Junior Jinx and of course that is him in my avatar.

Image2.jpg

Jinx is a grandson of Buckeroo on top and a great-grandson on the bottom.

I am actually a huge fan of Gold Melody Boy who is Buckeroo's grandsire. My breeding program is based primarily on Gold Melody Boy and Rowdy. Jinx's first foal crop begins arriving in January. :new_shocked:

There is not another stallion in the industry that has had the impact that Buckeroo has had. General Patton, Sid's Husker and a few others come close but still fall short when the number of national champion son/daughters and grand daughters/sons are compared. I dearly love my stallion "Rio" but he has not stood the test of time yet, as buckeroo has, I only hope that Rio's legacy is as great as the Eberths horse is. We own a White Russian son ( Renny) and a double bred son of Baccara out of a Double Destiny mare (Luxor) that are both producing winners when crossed with our "Rio" & "Patton" mares. It takes good mares and good stallions to produce great babies on a regular basis. But probally the biggest asset of a buckeroo bred mini is the proven ability to pass on the genes to continue to produce above average offspring generation after generation.

Additionally Mary Ann, Robin and the boys have done a great job promoting him for many years! We have nothing but admiration for the commitment and dedication they have shown to this little guy.

Our two 1/2 cents LOL

:saludando:

Some of the horses I admire the most have this breeding.

I had a grandson that was 62.5% linebred to Buckeroo (White Russian son)....amazing long legs and grace.

I think no person would say that every horse produced by ANY bloodline is worthy of using in any breeding program. Buckeroo has a high percentage of well-made babies, and he has produced as good as or better than himself in many cases, and yes, this is in part due to the quality of mares that he has been bred with. Any stallion is only 50% of the equation, and pedigrees are only words on paper.

In your research, make sure to look at sire and dam of your prospective herd sires and broodmares, and check and double-check registrations, and learn what makes a great horse as opposed to one that has nothing to offer in the way of being bred and making more. Just things I wish I'd thought more about when I first got minis.

In other words, if you have $10k to spend on your starter herd, instead of ten horses, you may be far better off and ahead of the game with two or three high quality and verified horses from a reputable breeder(s), as long as you educate yourself to heritable deformities and concerns, you should be in good shape. There are good and bad examples of every bloodline available for sale for every price, esp. in this market.

Liz M.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have always loved Buckeroo- I remember the first time I saw a picture of him, over 20 years ago!!

I now have a great grandson- BUT we shall see, is what I say every day!

I have put him on three mares- we shall see.

The proof is what he throws, not in his bloodlines.

All the horse shown are brilliant examples of GOOD Buckaroo offspring but there are some pretty rubbish ones out there as well, remember that!!

A Stallion is only as good as the mares he is put on- the Eberths know that only too well, and I personally LOVE Sids Husker and General Patton- if my boy is up to scratch foal wise I may well go looking for a mare- I have not bought a mare in over twenty years as I have so many good ones of my own but a Sids Rebel or Husker daughter to go with a Buckeroo son??

That would do me, I think.

Rob is absolutely right. If you have to tell someone why a horse is "great" (he's got _______ on his pedigree), then he is not...

For me, I like the horse first and then it's an added extra when he's got big names behind him (or her!).

Naked.jpg

This is our stallion Westwinds Buck Off Naked Truth taken this summer. He is a Boones Little Buckaroo grandson and Fisher breeding on his dam's side going back to Fisher's Jim Dandy.

KenBen

heres our only horse with buckeroo breeding. Not your usual buckeroo looking mare LOL. Shes out of marystown renegade and LTD bloodlines. Bad pic of ltds moonlight bay showing this year as a 3 yr old mare

one of the most fine boned mares we own. bred to encores hot tamale for a 2007 foal. im so excited!

moonlightshow.jpg

Latest posts

Back