Boones Little Buckeroo

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Buckeroo sired Top Cat, who is the sire to BTU.
default_biggrin.png
(so in simpler terms, Buckeroo is BTU's grandsire.)

Last edited by a moderator:
BTU's real name is Ima Boones Buckeroo Too aka BTU

That is confusing to a lot of people

I love BTU, small correction to Kay, his real name is Ima Boones Little Buckeroo Too. He is one of my faverites and i have three grandsons, one is line bred actually BTU. We have allot of buckeroo breeding here as well.

Westwind BTU Crown Prince Narko

2 year old 33" sired by Boones Little BTU Crown Prince, a BTU son, and his dam is BTU bred as well. He also has Buck Echo on his sires side, great grandson i believe.

22-2.jpg

4-5.jpg

Westwind BTU Crown Prince Flyte

Yearling BTU Grandson, sired by Crown Prince also, a BTU son, Buck Echo on top and out of a National Reserve Champion mare. Excuse the pig hairs
default_smile.png

00FlyteSpringtime.jpg

00FlyteSpringtime3.jpg

FlyteClipped02x.jpg

Westwind BTU Crown Prince Stetson

Yearling BTU Grandson sired by Crown Prince, a BTU son, also with buck echo ontop.

00DavidStetson.jpg

00StetsonSpringClip2.jpg

Impressive Lights

28" senior stallion sired by Boones Mr Supreme, who is a son of Buckeroos Little Master, a Buckeroo Son. Lights is out of a daughter of Zee Jays Buccarudy and goes back to Buckeroo and GMB on the bottom as well.

Dandy292HD.jpg

With as many Buckaroo get and grandget that are out there being bred and promoted, it makes me wonder what the impact of the other great stallions is and could have been considering that they have been bred much less.

Yep, Leeana is of course correct. She and I (and... oh... 1,000's of others) adore the BTU line.

These are my BTU and Buckeroo bred horses that I just adore -- as much for their hearts as anything else! I probably posted on this thread initially but I also probably got more BTU and Buckeroo now than I did then
default_biggrin.png

[SIZE=12pt]Erica's Gone and DunIT[/SIZE]2005 31” AMHR / AMHA grey-grullo fancy moving stallion – National Top 10 (halter) & AMHA Honor Roll (halter) – Multi Champion – Proven Sire

Grandson of both Ima Boones Little Buckeroo Too (“BTU”) and Yellow Diamond Little Feather, Great Grandson of Egyptian King

DUNIT%202007%20VMHC%20Summer%20Classic%20--%20170%20BRUSHED.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Whinny For Me's Big City Cover Girl, a/k/a "Cover Girl"[/SIZE]

2008 AMHA / AMHR pending, AMHR Futurity Nominated Buckskin Filly – Expected To Mature @ 31”

By Little Kings Big City Buck (Sire of National Champions, Son of Buckeroo)

Out of Erica’s Double Dipped (a sibling to many National Champions and Sired by Little Kings B T Buck Bandito, Son of BTU)

Cover%20Girl%20Mares%204.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Erica's Double Dipped[/SIZE]

2004 32” AMHA / AMHR Perlino Pinto Mare – BTU Granddaughter

Hopefully in foal for 2009 to Erica's Echos of My Destiny (Halter HOF / National Champion -- Grandson of both Double Destiny and Buck Echo)

Cover%20Girl%20Mares%202.jpg

(with Cover Girl)

[SIZE=12pt]Erica's Sweet as Sugar[/SIZE]

2004 30.5” AMHA / AMHR Perlino Pinto Mare – BTU Granddaughter

Hopefully in foal for 2009 to Erica's Echos of My Destiny (Halter HOF / National Champion -- Grandson of both Double Destiny and Buck Echo)

Sweetie--08052007-4%20mares.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Whinny For Me's Dun Buckin Around, a/k/a "Ducky"[/SIZE]

2008 AMHA / AMHR pending, AMHR Futurity Nominated Show Colt – Expected To Mature @ 33”

By Erica's Gone and DunIT (AMHR Nat'l Top 10 / AMHA Honor Roll / Multi Champion), out of Harrells Rowdys Reflection of Hope (Halter Gr Champion)

Bloodlines include: Buckeroo, Rowdy, BTU, Yellow Diamond Little Feather, and Egyptian King

Ducky%20051408.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Little King’s BT Bacardi Gold[/SIZE]

2004 37.25” AMHR Golden Palomino Gelding – Son of Ima Boones Little Buckeroo Too (“BTU”)

Supreme and Grand Halter Champion / First Place Solid Color -- He is my favorite horse

BACARDI%202007%20VMHC%20Summer%20Classic%20--%20136%20GELDINGS.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Erica's Echos of My Destiny (HOF)[/SIZE]

2004 32” AMHR / AMHA smoky silver black stallion – co-owned with Erica Killion

National Champion / Many Time Grand Champion / Halter Hall of Fame / Multi National All Star / AMHA Honor Roll

Grandson of both Alvadars Double Destiny and Little Kings Buck Echo

Destiny%20Pictures%20By%20Shannon%20--%20June%202007%20--%20002.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Harrell’s Flirting With Perfection[/SIZE]

2006 AMHA/AMHR Silver Buckskin Show Filly – Halter Champion – Rowdy and Buckeroo breeding (Daughter of Ten Ls Spirits Afterglow)

Flirt%202007%20VMHC%20Summer%20Classic%20--%20100%20Touched%20MARES.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Whinny For Me's Passionately Dun, a/k/a "Passion"[/SIZE]

2008 AMHA / AMHR pending, AMHR Futurity Nominated Grulla Filly -- Expected To Mature @ 31”

By Erica's Gone and DunIT (AMHR Nat'l Top 10 / AMHA Honor Roll / Multi Champion)

Out of Edgewood Skip To My Lou (Halter Champion)

Bloodlines include: Buckeroo, BTU, Yellow Diamond Little Feather, and Egyptian King

Passion%20041008%20017.jpg
Passion%20041308%20008.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Erica's Big City Bomb Shell[/SIZE]

2007 AMHA / AMHR Perlino Mare – Buckeroo Granddaughter (her sire is Little Kings Big City Buck)

Show Quality Filly and Future Prized Broodmare

Bomb%20Shell%20093007%20085%20MARES.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Erica’s Big City Blue By U[/SIZE]

2007 AMHR / AMHA grey Buckeroo and Yellow Diamond Little Feather Grandson / Egyptian King Great Grandson

TO BE 5/29 / Maternal brother to my “DunIT”

Siblings on both sides are very successful National level halter horses as stallions

Blue%20September%202007%201%20smaller.jpg

Here is my Buckeroo Great Grandson "Tazer"

Whom I am Hoping to have Trained and Promoted...

After my Topper/Showtime Grandson of Course

tazer20monthsold6.JPG
tazer20monthsold7.JPG

I also bought a btu bred filly She is a Grand daughter of Boones Little BTU Crown Prince

no Pics of her yet....

Yes, BTU's real name is Ima Boones Little Buckeroo Too / aka BTU

My Mare Windy: her Grandsire is Little Kings Buck U Too and Great Grandsire: Ima Boones Little Buckero Too

Born this year, Kavelbel W BTU's Canadian Laila 15

Laila5.jpg

And Windy's last year filly

Kavelbel W Ivy Jean Thirteen

iVYFORSALE-1.jpg

I just love the BTU line, like jill said, they are known for their hearts and so far, all three of mine are just the sweetest and most loving horses.

The BTU horses are beautiful, inside and out
default_wub.png

I just love the BTU line, like jill said, they are known for their hearts and so far, all three of mine are just the sweetest and most loving horses.

The BTU horses are beautiful, inside and out
default_wub.png
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif

They've got such big hearts and try so hard to do what their person wants. I also think they bond to "one" person at the farm over others (at least that's what we've seen -- ours are momma's boys!).

default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Most of my breeding stock are Buckeroo bred horses. Here is a sample of one of them. I just started to train Dunner to drive. He has done real well our first show with him will next weekend.

I have trained Dunner my myself.

Here is a picture of Westwind BTU Crown Prince Get R Dun

Dunnerphotobucket.jpg

Most of my breeding stock are Buckeroo bred horses. Here is a sample of one of them. I just started to train Dunner to drive. He has done real well our first show with him will next weekend.

I have trained Dunner my myself.

Here is a picture of Westwind BTU Crown Prince Get R Dun

Dunnerphotobucket.jpg
Love your Crown Prince son, never relized just how many there are out there, i know Mona has a son as well
default_wub.png

I have always adored the Buckeroo line. When I first got into minis oh goodness seems like its forever go I always wanted to own a horse from the Bloodline. I did alot of research and looking and then finally almost 6 years later I was able to get a mini from that line. I love my little guy with all my heart...He is actually a Boones Little Buckeroo great grandson though. I don't mind though. I am very sad though because he was bought for breeding and came out a double cryptorchird. Oh well better luck next time right?? Feel free to check out my little guy on my website in the signature. His name is Sam Hill Flutes Rhythmn N Rhyme

I'll agree - the Buckeroo line has done much for the miniature horse industry. I have several animals that are Buckeroo bred as well. However, after sitting back and watching the prices for the past several years, I am a little concerned. It seems to me that EVERYONE has a Buckeroo get or grand-get, and thus, the value of these animals is declining. Of course, the good ones will ALWAYS bring a fair dollar. Any comments?

ea8c6a5c.jpg

ROWBUCK Tommie (grand-get) - gelding; more pictures on our website

LongmanBuckon.jpg

Buck On Max's Captain Morgan (great grand-get) - gelding

Cicily.jpg

Longman's Champ Cicily (great grand-get) - yearling filly

07.jpg

ROWBUCK Ramsey and Longman's Rum Renegade (grand-daughter and great grand-son)

Little Kings B T Buck Bandito, 30.5" buckskin pinto son of BTU

Multiple producer of National Champions and HOF winners

Bandito-Ad.jpg

and a few of his get for me...

nationals_0004.jpg

angel.jpg

knocker%20mom%202.jpg

behold.jpg

SockItColloge.jpg

Little kings Big City Buck, 34" buckskin son of Buckeroo

Mutli National Champion producer in his first foal crop

Big%20City%20Magazine%20Ad.jpg

some of his get for me....

prankster%20win.jpg

nationals_0009.jpg

Believe2007Nationals.jpg

gambler.jpg

prankster-1.jpg

Erica-June2007-Ad-SMALL.jpg

Erica's Echos of My Destiny, 32.5" grandson of both Buck Echo and Double Destiny, National Champion and HOF

Destiny%20Ad%20Feb%202008%20SMALL.jpg

Erica,

VERY nice!! Who is the bay Big City son in the National Champ. pic? To DIE for!!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

When you say they have declined in value, I think it depends on what you are talking about.

To us as breeders the colt that is called Silver Plates Baccara Luxor the we bought at the national sale several years ago is not for sale for any price. Why? Very Simply he is producing the type horses that are what we are looking for in our herd when crossed with other bloodlines we work with.
default_yes.gif

We consider him second only to our Sr. Herd Stallion Cherryville's Rio De Oro and equal to our Wf Patton Son, WF Patton's See Me Shine who also out produces himself which is the mark of a good breeding stallion in our opinion.
default_wub.png

Luxor is out of Little Kings Buckeroo Bacarra the National Grand Champion Sr. Stallion of several years ago on the top side and a Double Destiny Daughter on the bottom side. He did well in the show ring and I am proud to see him doing as well as he is now days in the breeding pen.
default_aktion033.gif

As far as the generality of the line bringing less overall, it seems Buckerro's daughters, sons and grandget are always some of the top sellers/winners at any sale or show you go to. Of course all of them are not national grand champions, but all have a certain look about them in general that is great to see. So relatively speaking I don't think they are declining in demand, but of course it depends on the individual horse as to what the percieved value is in any market.
default_smile.png

I also would like to say that I stand in awe of what the Eberths (the enitre family included) have been able to do over the years with so much consistency. Buckerro is a wonderful stallion and has sure done his part, but the dedication, hard work, promotion and marketing of him by the family has been appreciated and acknowledged by us at Cherryville Farms for many years.
default_wub.png

Buckerro's legacy will be one that is carried on by a number of his prodigy for years to come and I as a breeder can only hope to have a fraction of the impact the Eberths/Buckeroo have had on the industry and the horses within it with the horses Cindy and I produce and show each year.
default_yes.gif
default_aktion033.gif
:DOH!
default_unsure.png

You can see the consistency and amazing horses this little buckskin has produced.

I have lots of Buckeroo in my herd - 2 grandsons, 2 greatgrandsons that are sons of one of Buckeroo's finest, Double Destiny, a granddaughter, and a great grandson and a great granddaughter. Several are in my avatar. The palomino is also a Patton grandson.

I had the honor to see Buckeroo twice at the Heritage sale, and the first time I was shaking as I stood outside his stall, and was astounded when John Eberth invited me INTO BUCKEROO'S STALL to meet the stud in person. I also have photos with Buckeroo in the famous creek!! Wet shoes?? Who cares!!

Buckeroo I LOVE YOU!!!
default_wub.png
default_aktion033.gif
default_wub.png
default_aktion033.gif
default_yes.gif

[attachmentid=157][attachmentid=156]Im a big Buckeroo fan!!

this is a picture of our Perlino Buckeroo son, LK Ballistic Buckeroo!

he will be showing in Country Pleasure Driving with Darin Southwick this year!

He has beautiful, balanced movement!

ballistic_buckeroo.jpg

Latest posts

Back