Boones Little Andy

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

High Meadow Miniatures

Reaction score
Ok, I know who Boones Little Andy is & I know that he is famous, But, What is he famous for? Driving? halter? I really don't know :eek: Also, Does he trace back to Boones Little Buckeroo? Because his name starts with Boones? Just wondering... Thank you in advance
default_yes.gif
:

No, there lines are comletely different they were just bred by the same stud farm.

BOONES LITTLE ANDY

Pedigree report

09/10/2007

****1***2***3***4***5***6***7***8***9****************************************

| | | UNKNOWN - UNREG.

| | BAR K RS LITTLE CHIEF BUSTIN - I 00555

| | |[05/15/1972 : S : PRR : - : - : 29.000]

| | | UNKNOWN - UNREG.

| J RS GOLDEN BOY - I 00684

| |[06/14/1976 : S : SSR : - : - : 28.250]

| | | UNKNOWN - UNREG.

| | J RS HOLLAND BEAUTY - R 00438P

| | |[01/01/1967 : M : SSR : - : DC : 29.500]

| | | UNKNOWN - UNREG.

BOONES LITTLE ANDY - IT04100

|[04/24/1984 : S : PSR : BD : - : 30.250]

| | UNKNOWN - UNREG.

| JUNE P I - I 00598B

| |[06/10/1970 : M : DCS : - : - : 32.250]

| | UNKNOWN - UNREG.

****1***2***3***4***5***6***7***8***9****************************************

Total AMHA Registered Horses: 5

Highest Generation Level (Registered Horses): 2

As far as I know he was not shown- he has no record, anyway- but his foals have done very well and siring 167 registered foals must be worth noting, too!!!

Ok! Thank you!
default_yes.gif
: Golden is in his pedigree- Does he trace back to Gold Meldoy Boy? I was not sure why Boones Little Andy was famous, Guess I know now! Thanks!

No, no GMB in there at all- mostly "unknown" (which often but not always means Shetland with the papers thrown away- wish they had not done that!!!

Horses also get Famous for their Get
default_smile.png

Gold Melody Boy Didn't get Famous intel Boone's Little Buckeroo (Or so I have heard)

Sire of AMHA National Champion DEILES GIRL OF EXCELLENCE * 2002 PRODUCE OF DAM NATIONAL CHAMPION * 2003 PRODUCE OF DAM RESERVE NATIONAL CHAMPION DEILES LITTLE KELLY * 1993 JUNIOR MARE NATIONAL GRAND CHAMPION * 1993 TWO-YEAR-OLD MARES OVER 30 TO 33 NATIONAL CHAMPION DEILES LUCKY STREAM * 1995 SENIOR MARES OVER

I only own one horse with Boones Little Andy behind him. My A division senior show gelding, Tibb’s Sundowner (HOF), is a grandson. He has an exceptional disposition and I've heard that's not unusual for the line.

Andy is one of my favorite stallions! I have often heard he is well known for siring excellent broodmares and mothers and I am lucky enough to own a daughter of his. I only own two mares so she is well-spoiled. I really think she is an exceptional mare. I need to get some new action shots of her as her movement just blows me away! I've owned her for 2.5 years now. Here she is 15 years old, 35.5" Deiles Excellent Adventure aka Dolly. She gave me a gorgeous dun (?) filly this spring that I'll be showing next year. She is open for next year. Sorrels with the flaxen look seem to be common in the Andy line. Too bad she doesn't have the nice disposition they are supposed to be known for!

DollyLight.jpg

DollyPuck3.jpg

10 days prior to foaling this spring:

IMG_0635.jpg

I have seen pictures of Boones Little Andy and I do think he is a very under- rated sire- even with a lot of people highly rating him!!

If he had been Buckskin and White I think a lot would have been different!!

I have also heard that he was prepotent for the wonderful temperament- I have never heard tell of a bad natured horse by him- and even my dear sweet Rabbit has one daughter who is UNSPEAKABLE (and NO excuse as her Dam is sweet!!)

And there is the proof- I LOVE Dolly- even at a lot bigger than I would usually go for she is just drop dead gorgeous!!!

IMO Boones Little Andy is an outstanding broodmare sire. His daughter have produced a number of champions sired by different stallions. His daughters are known for their beautiful heads, wonderful necks and overall great disposition. I currently have two Andy grand daughters that I are beutiful. Again one of the most over looked stallion in the industry.

My main stallion MVM Ragtime Cowboy is a great grandson of Boone's little Andy, he looks and is built just like Boones Little Andy and is such a gentle horse. We love him to pieces. Hes possibly hemog. Lots of pawprints.

I don't know anything about Boones Little Andy, but Rachel, I have to comment on your mare. She's soooo easy on the eyes, I always stop to admire her when I see that you've posted.
default_wub.png
:

I have always loved Andy offspring. It seems that I can walk through a pasture and the ones I pick out have Andy in their backgrounds somewhere. He is also known for his daughters being exceptional producers and I am extremely fortunate to own two Andy daughters and a couple of granddaughters.

Let me indulge here!....

Deiles Heart Acke...Andy daughter

HeartAcke.jpg

Lucky Four Andys Adorable...Andy daughter

131_3179.JPG

Brookhavens Oh My Miss Scarlet...daughter of Adorable above/Andy granddaughter

ScarletHead1.jpg

ScarletBody.jpg

Brookhavens Victorious Secret...daughter of Adorable

Victorious07head2.jpg

Lucky Four Colorcard Cloud Nine...daughter of Lucky Four Andys Colorcard...Andy granddaughter

CloudNine.jpg

Thank you for letting me share...see I really like the Andy girls!

Thanks Stephanie for the nice compliment!

And I am in LOVE with Heart Acke!!! I have been since I saw her on MareStare earlier this year. Her colts are awesome too!

Latest posts

Back