Blue Water AMHR show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KayAnn

Reaction score
On our way home from the Midland MI AMHR show and want to tell everybody involved with the show that we had a really great time and that you all did a wonderful job putting the show on.

Was impressed with the number of horses in the classes and the quality being shown.

Don't want to leave anybody out but a big thank you to Jeanne B. show manager, and Jeremy the show announcer, also the ring help kept everything moving along.

Kay and Sarah

Rosemill

I agree Kay & Sarah! Also CONGATS on your MANY WINS!

On another note:

Sure wish we could get a AMHA show here in MI so the little minis can show their stuff off too!

What a great way to spend a weekend, beautiful horses, friendly people and though really hot on Saturday, today was just gorgeous!! Thanks so much Sarah and Kay for you terrific job with my boy! Thanks Blue water for the great job putting on this show!!

I expect Dana to share her amazing results at the show too and with her permission I can post some pictures for you!!

Wow what a show we had! It's probably one of the best local shows our farm has had a a while.

First - yes I agree - Jeanne B does a fantastic job as manager. She has very competent help, lots were the BWMHC members - and they kept things moving. Jeanne said there were 125 minis there. That is a HUGE show!!

The under gelding class had --- 1 7 ---- geldings!! That is amazing! Over geldings had 10. There were very few classes that had less than 4 or 5. It was so HOT - I figure around 150 degees in center ring
default_biggrin.png
Saturday. Plus had the antique festival going, which meant lots of visitors through the barns. It was fun watching them go through and oooh and aaaah.

Now for the bragging
default_aktion033.gif
default_rolleyes.gif
default_biggrin.png

We were thrilled and honored to win the David Fox Memorial trophy for the mare and foal class. Those who know Sandy Guy Fox know what I'm talking about. This holds a very special place in our hearts.

We also received 1st & 2nd in Weanling stallions with LDS Smooth Operator. He's only 2 months old, but he's going to be incredible - I think
default_rolleyes.gif

Our filly also placed well - I think a 1st and 3rd?

LDS Raging Komotion, in training with Rosemill, also placed very well, and I think got a Reserve Jr Champion. I showed him in Amateur, and won under both judges. That was a shock! Missy usually does the halter, but being 10 days away from new baby, decided to now show much.

Our under gelding got a Reserve Jr. Champion

Our plump little Tyra needs a little Jenny Craig, but still did well.

But our biggest news was my new gelding STS Secret Success - AKA Hoss. I got him this spring from Marcia Keith, and O M G!! This guy is named after Hoss Cartright. He's big, powerful, and at the time of nicknaming, handsome in a rough sort of way, and the biggest heart around. He's also a little shy with not a whole lot of self confidence yet.

At the second show of his life, Hoss received the following:

Senior Champion Gelding under both judges.

2 1st in "Very adult driving" He did a great job, but was the only one in the glass
default_biggrin.png

2-3rd, and 2 4th's in Open and Amateur CP Driving on Saturday.

In Ladies on Sunday he received a 1st and 3rd. At one point in this class we were 3 abreast at extended trot and it felt like coming down the stretch in a race!!

But then - in the Stakes, he found his groove GRAND CHAMPION CP DRIVING under both judges!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back in the ring in Roadster, first time for us both! Two in the class, one being a beautiful filly who won in Roadster Futurity AMHA Nationals 2 years ago. Hoss gave me a great ride, but I think was a little unsure of what exactly was going on. We got 2nd under both. Did we want to run the Stakes class or just place it together? Heck no, lets run it again, this is FUN! So off we go, and Hoss figured everything out, and was just flying at DRIVE ON! GRAND CHAMPION ROADSTER Under both judges!

Thanks to everybody that helped us at the show, and was there to support us. This was a blast!! It was fantastic to have Marcia "Stormy" there to watch her boy show his heart out! Thanks for allowing me to own this big hearted, big moving, BIG BOY!!!!
default_biggrin.png
I would love to have you post photos!

Oh and by the way, Marcia is being a little shy -- tell us what YOUR boy did!!!

Rosemill Training - Sarah and Kay - had a great show too!!

Last edited by a moderator:
So many congratulations to Dana, She has had "Hoss" only a few months and what a great job she has done with him!!

Country Pleasure!

Midland099.jpg

Hoss.jpg

Halter!

Midland040.jpg

Woohooo! I was there and it was my first show! heh - it was rather obvious too. We were all over the place but we had fun and it was a learning experience.
default_yes.gif
I was SO excited to see everyones minis
default_new_multi.gif

It was a fantastic show ! Beautiful horses and wonderful people ! Blue Water Club did an awesome job !! I had a great time ! I met up with my best friend and mini "enabler", "stormy"
default_wub.png
( right now I own four of her horses ) and she introduced me to her circle of friends there. It was really an honor to get to meet and spend time with everyone. What an excellent group of people !
default_yes.gif
I went only to watch this time, maybe next year I will be brave enough to try my first registered show.

Walt and I went to Midland for awhile on Saturday to watch. Looked like a great turn out and some very nice horses. Congratulations to all.

Back in the ring in Roadster, first time for us both! Two in the class, one being a beautiful filly who won in Roadster Futurity AMHA Nationals 2 years ago. Hoss gave me a great ride, but I think was a little unsure of what exactly was going on. We got 2nd under both. Did we want to run the Stakes class or just place it together? Heck no, lets run it again, this is FUN! So off we go, and Hoss figured everything out, and was just flying at DRIVE ON! GRAND CHAMPION ROADSTER Under both judges!

It was a big surprise to everyone when our mare suddenly decided halfway through the roadster stake that she would no longer turn to the left. Most of all

to Greg, who luckily didn't go flying out of the cart. Congratulations again on this win and all your others!

Congrats to everyone that went! If it was anything like any of the other MI shows I went to this year, then I'm sure it was great! I know my step father and I said a number of times this weekend that we wish we were going... We defiantly MISSED seeing our friends and all the action!
default_yes.gif
And we can hardly wait to go to it next year for the first time! It just looks like such a nice place.
default_aktion033.gif
Glad to hear everything went well.
default_yes.gif

Thanks Shelley - I'm glad Greg and Chanel are OK - that WOULD be a big surprise!

Blue Water certainly runs a great show!!

I also had a great time, I do truly enjoy the Blue Water Show and the people that are there enjoying themselves and talking with all the other horse people there. Desiree you would really enjoy this show it is a lot of fun and you were missed I wondered whether or not you would be there.

The Midland show was a lot of fun. It was the biggest show for us this year. So many beautiful horses there and some large classes. We were so proud of the four horses we took. Two stake wins for our under gelding and one stake win for our under mare. Two new horses for us were in the ribbons so we were very pleased. Kay people loved Fashion.

I also had a great time, I do truly enjoy the Blue Water Show and the people that are there enjoying themselves and talking with all the other horse people there. Desiree you would really enjoy this show it is a lot of fun and you were missed I wondered whether or not you would be there.

All I have to say is... I was across from you and loved looking at your leopard stallion!
wub.gif

So I hesitated to post my results cause I don't deserve to brag on this one. I was not going to show this year....then Sarah and Kay came out to visit. Showed them this boy and a few others just because he happened to be in the barn cleaned up (newly gelded). Thay had to twist my arm pretty hard to get him in the trailer....WOW, has he ever blossumed in their care! Thanks Sarah and Kay for FORCING me to show this boy!!

Oatmeal Acres Paul Revere's Raider

We came home with Jr Champion gelding over, Grand Champion gelding over and amazingly I did not trip over my own feet, or faint dead away in the ring and brought home two first in amateur!!
default_smile.png
Raider put on a terrific performance in Liberty as well, he loves that class, and earned two seconds.

Midland036.jpg

And here he is after his hard day at work!
default_laugh.png

Midland109.jpg

So I hesitated to post my results cause I don't deserve to brag on this one. I was not going to show this year....then Sarah and Kay came out to visit. Showed them this boy and a few others just because he happened to be in the barn cleaned up (newly gelded). Thay had to twist my arm pretty hard to get him in the trailer....WOW, has he ever blossumed in their care! Thanks Sarah and Kay for FORCING me to show this boy!!

Oatmeal Acres Paul Revere's Raider

We came home with Jr Champion gelding over, Grand Champion gelding over and amazingly I did not trip over my own feet, or faint dead away in the ring and brought home two first in amateur!!
default_smile.png
Raider put on a terrific performance in Liberty as well, he loves that class, and earned two seconds.

Midland036.jpg

And here he is after his hard day at work!
default_laugh.png

Midland109.jpg
Absolutely you deserve to brag!! He's gorgeous, Sarah and Kay are amazing, and Raider looks like I felt in the 2nd photo!

Congratulations!!

Too bad I didn't make it this year. I'll be sure to be ther next year.

I don't think there was a pro photographer there.

Congratulations to everyone that competed.

We didn't know a thing about this show -- or you might have had a trailer full from Canada. Tammy & I might have come down -- sure sounds nice to have a show close to home this time of year to count for next years qualifying.

Jeanne sure does run a good show. Would appreciate a "heads up" for shows coming up in Michigan in the future.

Our Coggins was still good from Nationals so would have not been a problem. Just would have been health papers to do.

Latest posts

Back