Bloodlines for High Knee Action

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ringmaster is a beautiful boy!

Another key thing to remember is how a horse works at liberty or when being chased with a whip or bag is not always how they will move when in cart often they are 2 very different things for many years. If truly looking for movement make sure you ask for driving pictures as well is my humble advice.

Movement is great however you also need to have the proper neck set and build to be able to flex at the poll without a proper headset it is hard to have a winning driving horse

There are a lot of different lines with tons of potential I really like Jet Set Go myself
default_smile.png

Taylors have the Michigan's bloodlines and they are great driving horses and do very well in halter as well. Looking forward in visiting with all the Taylors for their annual get together in May and see some great friends there too....they are alot of fun..the whole Taylor family is a hoot.

I have some mares with incredible movement. They are just registered as minis but they have shetland blood. The most common denominator is Shadow Oaks Paul Bunyan. My mare sugar is a granddaughter and he's listed twice in the pedigree. My avatar is one of Sugars daughters just look at her pick up her feet! The fillied dad was a very old style mini so all the moves came from Sugars line. My dream girl is also Sugars daughter Dream girl can move too. The rescue mare i got last year is a bit on the heavy set stocky side you wouldnt look twice at her in less you seen her moving then you'd do a double take and look like
default_new_shocked.gif
how is that tank moving like that? She traces back to paul bunyan too. I dont know much about him but seems strange that both mares would move similar and have the same horse in the back ground.

HI
I think the SMHC horses have nice movement. Im going to try SMHC Ringmaster in harness.

I absolutely LOVE this horse!!! I want a mare that is an exact replica of him!!!!!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Thanks for all of the comments I think I am definitely going to find a horse that is already broke to drive so I know that it keeps the action under harness! I am going to start working some of my horses this year to see how they do I guess I will have to decide their class after I get them going fairly well! I loved seeing all of your different horses and the different ways they moved, pictures are very helpful!

Photo from SMHC's Ringmaster's YouTube video

ringmaster1.jpg

Very interesting topic. Love it!

Samantha

King Park

http://www.sabledesign.com/kingpark

I absolutely LOVE this horse!!! I want a mare that is an exact replica of him!!!!!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Thanks for all of the comments I think I am definitely going to find a horse that is already broke to drive so I know that it keeps the action under harness! I am going to start working some of my horses this year to see how they do I guess I will have to decide their class after I get them going fairly well! I loved seeing all of your different horses and the different ways they moved, pictures are very helpful!

lol.. so am I!Im looking for a wife for Ringmaster to import to Australia.

Good luck finding a suitable horse. Looks like there are some fabulous suggestions here. I am no expert on harness so I will be re-reading the replies
default_smile.png

Samantha

Ringmaster is he horse that started me on this journey of getting into miniatures. I was flipping through stuff on youtube, came across his video and watched it a million times. After that, I started looking around and now a few months later, I own one! You have one awesome boy there.

I too, love movement in horses. Probably my two best ones for movement (well to be honest the girls dont move much - those lazy boogers!) are my boys. . .here are the both of them

LNL White Gold - AMHA reg/AMHR pending - 33.5". . .He is a LNL bred horse from LNL Farms in Alabama he goes back to Stouts lines

r8yxif.jpg

Josiah One - AMHR only - 32.5". . .He is a Shadowood Miniature Horse Farms bred horse from only a few miles away from my home. He goes back to some nice farm names as well but can't exactly remember at the moment (brain freeze from this ice storm we're getting over!)

21pm35.jpg

Obviously they aren't the best but both of them will start driving here soon. . .and of course I am looking to get an ASPC horse in the next year with some MAJOR movement
default_wub.png

Back