Blondie's foaling thread...new pics UPDATE on Smokey pg11.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking smokey black as well and then it sent me in a whole new direction for names! My dad was a forester and wildland fire fighter and I grew up knowing ALL about Smokey Bear. What do you think of...

Mima Oaks Smokey Bear

Mima Oaks Little Smokey or

Mima Oaks Smokey Wildfire

and we'd call him "Smokey" for his barn name
default_smile.png

Well Smokey is a week old already and doing great, he's such a sweetie and I'm getting in PLENTY of hugs and kisses. He loves his scratches! I will probably hang around to continue watching for all the other beautiful foals that are arriving. Thank you to everyone who followed Blondie and Smokey.

638c6248.jpg

c999d007.jpg

How is your little man doing?

Does he get to go out and splash in puddles, today.

This is probbly one of his first rains since he was born, isn't it?

How about a name, what are you calling him?

How is your little man doing?

Does he get to go out and splash in puddles, today.

This is probbly one of his first rains since he was born, isn't it?

How about a name, what are you calling him?
Yes, today was the first day of rain for Smokey. He was still full of spunk as usual! He's doing really well and I'm enjoying him so much. He's very friendly and loves to be brushed, he whinnys for us when we come to the gate.

We call him Smokey or Little Smokey. Inspired by his smoky color and Smokey Bear!! I'm thinking about 2 names but STILL undecided. Mima Oaks Smokey Wildfire or Mima Oaks Star Buck Luck.

Took these pictures last week...

9da52971.jpg

638c6248.jpg

Smokey today in the rain...

f7c4beb2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
oh he is so beautiful! thank you for sharing the pics! I am in love! what a gorgeous little man he is Blondie did such a good job!

and I love your cavie! he/she is SO cute!!

Oh he's gorgeous - that colour is fabulous. Thanks for the pictures and the update!

Lovely job on the photos!

He's a very handsome boy. Smokey is a great name....

I do like the sun shine photos much better than the rainy gray ones.

What happened to our lovely stretch of weather?!

Lovely job on the photos!

He's a very handsome boy. Smokey is a great name....

I do like the sun shine photos much better than the rainy gray ones.

What happened to our lovely stretch of weather?!

default_smile.png
Thank you very much! I just love sitting in the grass with the horses around me taking pictures, horses and photography are my 2 favorite hobbies. I usually go out for an hour or two while my girls nap. I'm loving the minis so much as well, I can't get over the size difference going back and forth between the little ones and big ones, it throws me off every time and my big horses aren't even very big haha.

I know! I like the blue skies better too, I could get used to weather like that! I'm hopin the sun comes back soon! My was daughter riding Bella the other day & the blue skies and white clouds were so pretty.

01d1a918.jpg

Love the photo with your daughter.

Years ago I took a class and the teacher said,"You will take your best photos, when taking photos of things you love"

Your love of your topics and photography shows..
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the photo with your daughter.

Years ago I took a class and the teacher said,"You will take your best photos, when taking photos of things you love"

Your love of your topics and photography shows..
default_smile.png
That's great. Thanks for sharing that with me
default_smile.png

Wow!!! He is beautiful! His name definetly fits his color!! Ha ha!
Thank you very much!!!
default_smile.png

Smokey is just lovely! And I love the format you have your pictures in..............or is it a program? I haven't been able to figure out how to post pictures together as opposed to 'one at a time.' LOL

Smokey is just lovely! And I love the format you have your pictures in..............or is it a program? I haven't been able to figure out how to post pictures together as opposed to 'one at a time.' LOL
Thank you very much. Many of my photos are from my iPhone. I use two apps, instagram and framemagic. Framemagic is the one that I use for putting multiple pictures together
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back