Blondie's foaling thread...new pics UPDATE on Smokey pg11.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mima Acres

Reaction score
Hello everyone! This is Blondie

2-18-2012083.jpg

Sadly I dont have the ability to hook up mare stare but someone said I should join in anyway and share my mare Blondies progress with pictures...so here I am
default_smile.png
I believe Blondie could foal somewhere between mid April and June. I have a barn cam hooked up and have been keeping a close eye on her, I'm very excited. If you didnt see my topic on the main forum here are a few pictures that I took yesterday to give you an idea of her progress. *Edited to add that this will be her 2nd foal*

c607f296.jpg

7b0f5465.jpg

ba1af419.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
default_saludando.gif
Welcome to the nursery, you will find it interesting and fun
default_biggrin.png
We don't allow attitude here but I am afraid a few lunatics got in
default_new_rofl.gif
only kidding, we are all friends here so feel free to ask whatever you like and we will do our best to help you. We like plenty of photos of both Blondie and your other horses especially the future daddy
default_yes.gif

She looks in great shape and I would guestimate end of 10th May ish. How long has she been bagging up?

default_smile.png
She is 34". She has been bagging up for about a week now. I have my own picture to share of the daddy because he was here for a brief stint when I was thinking about buying him after he had been gelded...he is also 34" and a smokey black pinto.
winter20112012110.jpg

I felt like we were about a month away so I had her vaccinated 2 days ago. I have two other horses, both Arabians. I'll track down a picture to share with you
default_smile.png
this one will have to do for now, taken a couple weeks ago.
56237b93.jpg

Hi and a big WELCOME to you and Blondie - I'm so glad you have come over here to join us. She's such a pretty girl and I'm sure she will give you a very beautiful foal.

Please join in with the other threads, ask any questions you want, no matter if you think they are silly coz we are here to help if we can.
default_yes.gif

Judging from your pictures I would think that you have another 3 to 4 weeks to wait for your new baby, but this year the mares seem to have thrown away the rule book and following their own individual rules just to keep us all on tenderhooks (driving most of us and their poor owners mad too I might add. LOL!!)

Looking forward to 'watching' Blondie's progress via your regular pictures - oh and by the way it might be a good idea to worm Blondie now if she hasn't been done in the last month just to protect the foal from anything she might still be carrying. (you do know not to use Quest on a mini?)

Again, welcome to you both!

Looking forward to 'watching' Blondie's progress via your regular pictures - oh and by the way it might be a good idea to worm Blondie now if she hasn't been done in the last month just to protect the foal from anything she might still be carrying. (you do know not to use Quest on a mini?)

Again, welcome to you both!
Thanks for the reminder about worming. I bought wormer, not Quest ;) last week and just haven't done it yet!

Hi and welcome
default_smile.png
your mare is gorgeous and that stallion OH MY!!!

going to be one stunning foal!

I agree that maybe early to mid May and you will see your lovely little baby
default_smile.png

please keep us up to date on everything that happens your arabs are beautiful! I love seeing my girls scratching each other! think it is the most wonderful sight

look forward to your next update on blondie!

Welcome! Glad you joined us! Your mare and the daddy are beautiful!

The last photos I took were the 10th, I took a couple today the 13th. Not much change but her bag is looking a little bigger.
2686074c.jpg

She's been a little down in the dumps since yesterday. Not sure why. Maybe she's just feeling very pregnant an uncomfortable, I can remember the feeling especially when I was pregnant with twins! I took her for a little walk for a change of scenery & brushed her. She's in a small pasture adjacent to the big horses they can visit and be close but not together, I worry about too much grass as well as her being so much smaller so I keep them apart.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Welcome! I am relatively new here to and this forum is the best! So many years of experience here with everyone. The mini mares have definitely been playing by their own rules this year. I have 5 due to foal between now and June 1. The two due to foal now have been driving me crazy for a good couple weeks. So be prepared to go nuts and sleep deprived
default_yes.gif

Here's a photo update on Blondie. I think its been a week since I last posted any pics. She is still working on her bag. Looking really lopsided right now.

We just enjoyed a beautiful spring weekend in western WA. Hope everyone has a great week
default_smile.png

91d5d678.jpg

666e372c.jpg

Oh yes, that picture is just so beautiful!

Blondie really has progressed - dont think you will have to wait much longer for a new little baby!!
default_yes.gif

Oh thanks
default_smile.png
I wanted to include something that was prettier to look at then her "lady parts" haha.

Wow stunning! and what a good girl for not eating your tulips lol

She has made wonderful progress.

Love the photo of her smelling the flowers!! It does look like she is moving along nicely. Her udder if filling quick! Can't wait to see the additional progress!

She is a beautiful mare! I love the photo of her smelling the flowers.

Thanks, I love taking pictures of my horses! Today Blondie was out in the field running and kickin up her heels, I guess she was feeling pretty good haha. I ran to grab my camera but as soon as she saw me she stopped. No new updates, I have a foal watch kit...has anyone used one?? I'm not so sure I like it. I like the idea of only needing a drop of milk I've seen others talking about this test needs 2-5ml I believe :-/

A few recent pics of my sweet girls
default_smile.png

6cb5379b.jpg

04abafa7.jpg

4e110ee4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the update pics, she has such a sweet eye and it looks like she is saying "cheese"
default_smile.png

Don't forget to up her feed a little at this stage as baby will be taking a lot form her now. Her udder looks good so I doubt it will be long now
default_yes.gif
I use Foal-time strips too and they are great
default_thumbup.gif

Latest posts

Back