Blondie's foaling thread...new pics UPDATE on Smokey pg11.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She does look a bit fed up doesn't she - it could be the weather, it could be that she has had enough of carting all that weight around or it could be that she's getting close to foaling??? LOL!!

Glad hubby has agreed to do some of the checks - somehow getting 3 or 4 hours sleep all in one go instead of 2 hours here and 2 hours there, seems to be so much better when one is overtired and exhausted!
Haha yep, could be any of that! Who knows? Only time will tell at this point. Just waiting...waiting...haha and I'm watching my favorite show on tv while the kids nap it's the Blondie's Hanging Out In Her Stall show.

Here's my horse Bella the other day she was having fun & just feeling good I guess
default_smile.png
416492a0.jpg

Oh she is just beautiful! Do tell us more about her - how old, what you do with her, how long have you had her etc etc. Please!

Oh she is just beautiful! Do tell us more about her - how old, what you do with her, how long have you had her etc etc. Please!
Thank you. She is very special to me! I have had her for 6 years, she'll be 14 this year. Back when I used to board her at an Arabian show barn I rode Saddleseat/Country English Pleasure and showed AHA and PtHA (when I had a lot more time before I had my daughters haha) Now I just ride for the fun of it we have miles and miles of trails nearby, they just opened May 1st and I'm excited to do some trail rides. I also have been teaching my niece to ride her, she is SO sweet and gentle with kids. One day I hope she'll be my daughters riding horse, if they are as horse crazy as I was as a little girl!
default_smile.png

Well Blondie is much less grumpy & the weather is much better today. I fed the horses lunch and snapped a few pictures for an update. Also I just got my foal-time strips, the last pic is the results
default_smile.png

5a226833.jpg

a7e8005d.jpg

7814d843.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Blondie had her foal last night at 4:30 am. I was up pretty much awake all night watching her on camera, I couldn't sleep! She seemed really restless and normally she's just resting so I knew something was up. I went out to the barn at about 4:00 just to get a good idea of what was going on and see how she was doing and I knew it was time so I sat quietly outside her stall. Her water broke at 4:26 and baby was out in 4-5 mins. I saw the legs first, one before the other and the nose PHEW! I broke the sack and the only thing was the cord didn't break, it came out still attached to the placenta, other than that it was perfect. Baby is standing now for about a half hour it's 6am. The foal hasn't nursed yet, I've been watching on camera so I don't disturb them. He has been trying though and in the general vicinity...how long before I should intervene? I called my vet yesterday about 4:30 in the afternoon to give him a heads up, I never heard back from him, we called him again after the foal was born because we were worried about what to do about the cord and still nothing. I'm so glad everything went well my vet is only 10 mins away the next vet is at least a half hour.

He looks brown right now, not a spot on him...maybe small socks I don't know for sure. Blondie is a light palomino and the daddy is a smokey black pinto. I'll get more pictures later, just want everyone to have some time to bond and settle in without me snapping lots of pictures. I'm just so glad I was there, that was my biggest fear!
default_aktion033.gif

f06acb08.jpg

Now for a name
default_smile.png

Rowbuck Buck A Luck By George x Flyin G's Blondie of Wolf Acres

Ideas anyone???

oh that's so exciting
default_thumbup.gif
I've been following Blondie's progress. So happy that it was an easy delivery for you. CONGRATS!!!! Hopefully Daisy will go within the week
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif

oh that's so exciting
default_thumbup.gif
I've been following Blondie's progress. So happy that it was an easy delivery for you. CONGRATS!!!! Hopefully Daisy will go within the week
Thank you. From my view on camera I'd say he's nursing, he spending a lot of time in the correct position anyway. He's full of spunk and running around now at 6:44. Looks to be having a good time already. I hope Daisy foals soon, maybe this super moon will do the trick ;)

default_risa8.gif
CONGRATULATIONS
default_risa8.gif

I am so glad that you were there for Blondie and that all went well
default_yes.gif
I can't wait to see dry pics, he looks to be a gorgeous rich colour
default_thumbup.gif

You can quietly check mum's udder to see if he is eating but with a smooth delivery like that I am sure he is
default_yes.gif

BRILLIANT!!! Many congratulations and well done Blondie!!
default_thumbup.gif
:ThumbUp
default_thumbup.gif

So glad you were there and it all went smoothly for you (and Blondie)! Cant wait for the dry pics - he looks like a big boy too!

Thanks! I went in with them and watched him nurse, he's doing very well. Blondie has been resting and she's a wonderful mom. Finally got ahold of the vet this morning and he'll be out to check them. He is a BIG boy & very solid. I'm actually quite surprised at how big he is. I measured to his withers and he was 22"! I wonder how big he'll be??!

Goodness what a whopper!! WELL DONE Blondie, clever girl!
default_yes.gif

Oh wow nice big boy. Congratulations.

You won't have to throw him back for being under the limit
default_smile.png

Glad everything went well for Blondie.

Just a guess at size ~~ 22" + 10" then + or - 2" ---

It's work pretty accurately for us for estimating size.

Our biggest girl was 23" at birth and is just 33.5 inches, matured.

Or smallest girl was a hair over 18" and she coming 3 now and is about 30"

Have fun with that baby boy.....we finally had a boy last year and they are fun!!

Congrats to you and Blondie!! I too can't wait to see some dry pics of the big guy!

I wish my mares milk was testing that color! We are still a week away, give or take a few days to be safe
default_smile.png

default_smile.png
Thank you all so much! I am about to take a nap, a little tired after not have much sleep the last few nights. I couldn't resist sharing one picture of this adorable boy taking a nap. I'll try to get something better when he and I wake up!
default_smile.png

I'm really curious about his color. Do they change much as they get older? He's almost a chocolate brown color and it gets lighter on his legs and he also has a lighter colored tail but dark mane.

c2ad97e3.jpg

f968ea93.jpg

Useless with colours - but that first picture just has to be one of the most yummmmmmy pics I have seen in a long time!! Beautiful!!

Latest posts

Back