Blizzard in March

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilverRidgeMinis

Reaction score
Well, the winter storm has turned into a blizzard. My sister and I cleaned out the middle of the barn

and somehow we have all 7 stalls full with the rest of the mini horses in the alise way. The llama is

rooming with one of the fillies. I just hope they all behave (as well as can be expected).

Where's is spring? Only two weeks away but it is going to be a long two weeks.....

Freida

Join the club LOL I am in central TX, just east of Waco and I woke up to 3 inches of snow yesterday! This usually happens over Valentines weekend, not March. And to top it off, I finally had actuall ice in my buckets, first time this winter. That usually happens at least a dozen times. I was in shorts and a t-shirt weds, then snow friday.

Our weather is terrible! We have over a foot of snow, and my front door would only open a few inches. Got these shots today.

GreetJudy.jpg

BackOfFarm.jpg

Bobcat.jpg

Brady.jpg

LilyDig.jpg

My son left eastern VA yesterday to go to Cadillac, Michigan to pick up his stepdaughter.
default_rolleyes.gif
He called this morning to advise they had arrived safely but that the weather in OH was horrid! Said the snow was like a blizzard in a couple of areas, and they saw bad, bad accidents along the way. Now, he has to come back towing her car. You guys are not on MY list of places to visit anytime soon
default_wink.png
Sure hope he makes it home as safely.

We are having heavy rains today, off & on. Far better than snow! Still messy but, I can handle some mud.

Two days ago there was a bad line of T-storms come through, had lot of tornado warnings from the extreme wind. Yep, stuff has blown everywhere...and still heavy winds :DOH!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, the blizzard continues through this afternoon. The forecast is saying two more inches Sunday night/Monday morning then by Wednesday back up to the 50s! Now, I am worried about all the people

who live along the Ohio River. It was up to 52 feet so it will probably flood when all this snow melts.

Only 13 more days to the first day of spring!
default_aktion033.gif

Freida

WOW~~ can I relate to having not only all of my 16 box stalls double and tripled up with horses..but both aisles filled with more horses. What a mess to clean in the morning, but at least all my horses are inside. Isnt this weather strange? We just broke a record for our snowfall, and the tems are near normal one (around 30ish) to -10 the next day! I am so ready for spring...oh wait..spring is in another 2 weeks..make that so ready for summer.
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back