Blanket sizing question.....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wingnut

Reaction score
After reading the various inputs about blankets on another post, I placed an order to buy 2 of the Kensington blankets. I bought two in the medium size. I panicked a little when I first opened the packaged. I didn't think they'd even fit the yearlings. I did try it on one of them and breathed a sigh of relief when it did indeed fit. It even fits the 2 yr old except for her belly, which is rounder than it should be!

I need to order two more and will definitely be buying them in a large size.

My question is this: Should I return the one medium for another large too? I think the one yearling is likely to remain smaller than the rest and the medium I keep will still fit her in the years to come. I'm not so sure about the other yearling. It fits this year, but will it next year? I haven't opened the second medium, so returning it shouldn't be a problem.

Your thoughts?

I too would go for the larger. I like my blankets a wee bit larger than needed, as I find they wear/rub the horses shoulders less that way.

I sent you a pm about a L size blanket that is listed for $30 elsewhere but to answer your actual question--if shipping isn't prohibitive I'd likely return the M blanket & replace it.

For me, the time I bought too many XL size blankets & was short one size L I just kept the XL and ordered the L as an extra--reason was, I got the blankets on a good sale & to ship one back would have cost me $25 or $30 in postage. I think I had paid just $55 for the blanket in the first place, so I didn't feel it was worth it to pay that much postage to exchange it--it was better value to keep it. As it turned out, I did end up using the blanket after all, so was glad I didn't exchange it for the smaller size.

Thanks! That's what I was thinking but wanted to be sure...off to call and see how much it cost to do the return.

Latest posts

Back