Blake, he didnt read the book

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am SO happy and SO relieved to hear this wonderful news! Prayers continuing that recovery moves uneventfully from this point on! Glad to hear he is eating - that is great! Thank you for sharing the good news with us!

Hugs and prayers,

Barbara

default_aktion033.gif
I have been checking off and on for updates, thank goodness! Good news!!Go Blake!

These grandkids are wearing me out, and I'm not even doing any thing. Actually, maybe that's why!! I will be going back out there probably in a month. I swear, the 12 hour trip out there is easier than sitting and waiting.
default_smile.png

Blake had a great night, everything just a little bit better this morning.

The reason Blake did not wake up is it appears he has my daughter's allergies, non-tolerents for drugs/chemicals. It will not make it easy with him to have further surgeries, but it can be done. We found out with my daughter the hard way when we put her in the hospital for a week when given tylenol with codine, many years ago. It is not a concern, there are others they will be able to give him, just glad we know now. Neither of the other 2 kids seem to have it.

We are more than thankful for his improvements and for all the people who helped to make that happen!

It's going to be a good day!!

I'm so glad to hear he is improving - wonderful news!
default_aktion033.gif

Liz R.

So glad to hear the great news. Sure hope from now on he has a quick recovery.

How many more surgeries does he face? Does Riley have to have any more?

Keep the good news coming!!!

Barbie

default_smile.png
. Blake had another good day!! Many improvements, he is off oxygen and his percent is at 86, all the better it will be for now. Had a chest x-ray and an echo on his heart and they were both good.

This surgery was just to help him until he gets big enough, has a few body structure changes, to be able to do the other 2. He will have them in about 4 months, barring any problems, then the other 6 months later. We call it practice for mom and dad!
default_smile.png

Riley continues to do very well! At 8 weeks old she is now wearing newborn size and they fit. She is a little at odds with Blake gone, very fussy, but then he talks for her. As odd as it sounds, yes, Blake did wake them up if Riley was crying. She still can't cry, (sound) so with Blake in the hospital my daughter sets an alarm 2 hours after she feeds her, then every hour after that. So far it has been ok. Riley should be done with all surgeries. She has seen the cardiologist once a week, but after Monday it will go to once a month for 6 months. She also sees the ENT once a month as well. So far they are only saying her voice box has a weakness and only time will tell.

And 21 month old Aidan is so out of sorts. What did you do with my Blake! When they get in the car in the mornings to go to school, he is so upset there is only one other car seat.

Hopefully normal will happen soon!!

I am so glad to hear all of these great updates! Oxygen sats of 86 are really good for these single ventricle kids! Isn't it amazing how they function with those? Truly miraculous. Maddy had sats right around 79 until her third surgery. If any of us "whole heart" people showed up at the hospital with sats of 86 we would be considered in respiratory failure - but these kids grow and survive on this. God does amazing things to help these children even with their "half hearts."

I'm glad Riley is continuing to improve. And decreasing on cardiology visits is a HUGE step! We are at yearly visits now - hard to believe when you go from weekly as infants, and now we only see the cardiologist once a year. Actually, our appointment is tomorrow. Maddy is so matter-of-fact about all of this. She has made up a list of questions for her cardiologist. She wants to know if she would choose to (she doesn't think she wants to) could she get her ears pierced? And she wants to know if she can ride roller coasters at Kings Island!

Thank you for keeping us updated on those precious babies!

Barbara

[SIZE=14pt]Good going Blake!!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
[/SIZE]

Keep getting better because you have the BEST Family in the WORLD to grow up with...

God Bless you little Blake and Riley
default_pray.gif
default_worshippy.gif
default_pray.gif
default_thumbup.gif
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif

Prayers and Blessing Frankie for your sweet grand babies!

{{{HUGS}}}

Jenny and Mel

Thank you all soooo much!! We are pretty pleased at this point. I appreciate each and every prayer and good thought.

Barbara, please tell Maddy I am thinking of her today and I know all will go great! I'd like to know if she gets to ride a roller coaster too! I love riding them and maybe Blake and I can some day,,,or me and Maddy if others in your family aren't fans of them!! Thanks Maddy for being a wonderful example of those "WHO CAN"!
default_smile.png

Hi Carolyn!

Thanks for thinking of Maddy today! All went well! Her EKG was normal (for her). Her oxygen sats were 98%! That is still so amazing to me after her being so low for her first three years. AND - she DOES get to ride roller coasters!
default_biggrin.png
Her cardiologist said that those warning signs are for people with acquired heart disease or some rhythm problems. But should not be a problem for her structural defects. She was happy! We would love to ride roller coasters with you - and someday with Blake!
default_biggrin.png
He's already showing all the signs of that "daredevil nature" - and so is his sister!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Barbara

He's home!!
default_smile.png

Done really well the past few days, just make sure you feed him!!

Numbers have been stable and test results good.

The whole family is glad he's home, but big brother Aidan is estatic to have Blake back in his room. What a great big brother he's going to be for these babies, already very protective, even gets upset with his parents if he thinks they made either one of them cry.

So things hopefully back to normal until the next round,,,hopefully 4-6 months from now.

Thanks again for keeping our special little ones in your thoughts and prayers.
default_smile.png

Hooray Blake! That is awesome!! Even with a little drama thrown in, he still made it out in less than a week! That is incredible! So happy and now the family is back together again and everyone can worry about growing and getting strong! Thanks for keeping us updated!

Hugs and prayers,

Barbara

So glad he's back home where he belongs. Good news!

Latest posts

Back