Blake, he didnt read the book

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frankie

Reaction score
We have known all along Blakes oxygen numbers would go down. We were told a little at a time, and when they got to a certain number his surgery would be scheduled. I guess they didn't tell him or he skipped that chapter of the book as his numbers took a big drop.

His heart is only working on three chambers. They are working on getting him stable, keeping a good eye on him and he will have surgery by Monday. Riley's surgery was 7 hours, we've been told Blakes is much more complicated, I just don't see how.

He is back at Columbia. My daughter will have Riley always in tow as they trust no one to keep her, which I understand. Poor Aidan who was just settling in is being thrown out of whack again. Different people picking him up at school, mom not home at bedtime, one baby missing.

I know I have asked a lot for our family, I'm hoping you can find it in your heart to include us yet again in your prayers.

My thanks just aren't enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
You absolutely, positively have our ongoing prayers for baby Blake! I'm not surprised - these babies have been doing it "their way" since before they were born. But their way has worked so far, and we're going to keep banking on that fact!

I don't want to hijack your thread - but I know when Maddy was first born, I wanted success stories. I wanted to hear about other single ventricle children not just surviving - but growing, thriving and living life to its fullest every day. So I wanted to share my Maddy with you. The first picture is her (on the right) and her first heart friend, Ethan. She would have been a couple of weeks younger than Blake is now and this was about 1 week after her first surgery.

The second picture was taken this past fall. It is a long road you guys are on right now, and I cannot imagine doing it with two babies. But there is hope, and joy and a wonderful life for Blake and Riley waiting just down this road. Just keep hanging on!

7931_1239292425874_1336187099_680600_4154316_n.jpg

21980_1318819373998_1336187099_896928_88378_n.jpg

Hugs and prayers,

Barbara

Prayers will continue for you, your family, and the doctors, for how ever long you need them. Never feel you are asking too much, that is what we are here for.

Barbara

Prayers again coming from across the pond for little Blake, the Doctors, you and your family. Never forget that we are all here for you.

Anna

Thoughts and prayers coming for you and your family.

Robin

Carolyn-

Lots of prayers for little Blake and his whole family. I certainly know how the worry is. Noah finally got to come home last Thursday with monitors. I haven't gotten to see him yet as my husband has had a cold. We're aiming for Easter. Noah will face a heart rebuild when he turns one as far as we know now.

I will be so waiting for news updates.

((((HUGS))))

Barbie

Poor family. Thinking the best thoughts for them and Blake.

Saying a prayer for Blake sounds like such a simple thing; but it's the most important thing those of us who live far away can do.

Continued prayers headed their way!!!
default_pray.gif

Come On Blake, your a fighter and we know you can get through this surgery with flying colors. Your parents and grandparents and you precious little boy are in my thoughts and prayers.
default_hypocrite.gif
GOD has your back little man.
default_hypocrite.gif

Carolyn, dont ever be afraid to ask for prayers, ..there free of charge and we can all afford to give many, plus the power of prayer does work. Prayers continue to be said for Blake.

Sending you prayers for Blake and family, Prayers are powerful, believe!

Latest posts

Back