Blade Wash

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the owner of my ranch SWEARS by Kerosene, and I know other people that use charcoal lighter fluid (run an internet search using either one, and you'll find a ton of pages), but I am a coward, so always have stuck with blade wash and kool lube.

My "tech" tells me to use a compressed air or a high-powered blower and blow all the hair out (helps cool the blades, too), then re-oil and wipe excess then get back to clipping. I never ever use blade wash.

I do sometimes use a small toothbrush to get out the really gummy stuff from the teeth of the blades. Always re-oil your blades once you're done cleaning the blades.

Liz M.

:saludando: As a dog groomer lo those many years, we kept a coffee can of kerosene with a little oil in it to wash our blades.

I use WD-40 works great and buy it by the gallon. Also put it in a sprayer for keeping the blades cool when clipping.

Joyce

I store my used blades in a sealed container with WD40 covering them -- When using them, I try not to let them get really really hot - if I can't stand them to touch my skin, I consider them to be too hot to use on the horse -- I switch blades then and will allow the "hot one" to cool down. Periodically during clipping I use a soft brush (and a tooth brush if necessary) and maybe wd 40 to clean and lube --

When I last had them sharpened, the guy doing them said my blades were in the best condition of any he had sharpened.

JJay

I swear by Dip N' Clip. It smells great and is environmentally safe, too!
default_yes.gif
:

I always dip my blades into a little while the clipper head is still running before I remove my blade and that

keeps the blades nice and clean for the next usage.

http://www.whitmansharpening.com/dipnclip.html

I usually try to pick it up by the gallon at the local dog shows, but I have also ordered

it before.

Shelley

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back