Blackberry Pearl?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandi*

Reaction score
Does anyone have one? I just got one today but have some questions. I would like to add my own ring tones (mp3's) from itunes and the guy at T-mobile said I could as well as add my pictures but I can't figure out how. Do I have to purchase a specific software? Thanks!

Anybody?
default_smile.png

I've only had it a whole day now and it is really frustrating me!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone swears I will love it once I get used to it but I'm not so sure
default_unsure.png

I had a blackberry years ago when I did a lot of business travel and the idea was I could take it with me vs. my laptop. It was one of the first styles they came out with and at first I liked it, but then I didn't.

The reason why wouldn't be something that will probably bother you
default_smile.png
What I didn't like was I would keep it on my bedside table and if I rolled over in the middle of the night and saw it flashing to say I had email, I couldn't not look. I hated getting / reading email from a client at 1am! Then would lay there composing the reply in my head... might as well get up and go to the office at that point.

I hope you will enjoy yours! For me, I'm sticking to my "regular" cell phone I got when my Blackberry contract was up
default_laugh.png

Last edited by a moderator:
That is what everyone told me also. I am sure I will love it when I learn how to ust it.

The Verizon store told me to go to their website and it would walk me thru everything and it did help.

Heidi

I had a blackberry after my old flip phone was stolen back in June...had the blackberry for about a month, i just could not get use to it...it always remind me of a hand held game, rather then a cell phone. Took it back and got a LG Chocolate Slider in midnight blue and i LOVE it, only thing is the screen gets scratched up really fast but its pretty nice. Ive heard they break easy, but ive not had any problem with mine since....i dont think i could ever go back to a flip phone now.

wish you would have posted before you got yours. We have Blackberrys in the family, actually the 8830 World Edition and love it. I have a 17 yr old computer / gadget geek daughter and she DOES NOT like the Blackberry Pearl, I tried to buy her one when they came out and she flipped, NO WAY she said. And BlackBerry is coming out with the Bold and the Storm and they too are difficult to learn. Not saying they are impossible, but not as easy as the 8830 World Edition. The 8830 you can literally pick up and start using. But to help you out, you need to go to BlackBerry.com and sign up in the 'BlackBerry Lounge'. There is a lot of help there and people there too to ask questions. Where did you buy it? do those sales people carry a Curve, Ask..... Good Luck. Or maybe you have a return policy to return it and get another BBerry. But the BBerry is the way to go and simple to use. We cannot use the IPhone up here in the mountains, do not get service.

Yes my hubby got the curve and is having the same difficulty as me. We are with T-mobile and our contract was up this month. He is starting a new job and needed a phone that would do everything business (emails, notifications and such). I on the other hand do not need any of that. I need to be able to call people and text. I text a lot. I didn't realize that all the stupid keys are different on the blackberrys. They are like a little computer instead of a phone. Considering that I only use one hand when texting it is a little hard to think of it as a keyboard. I think we have 14 days to return them. If I don't start liking it in a few days I will certainly take it back and get something else. I mean we couldn't even figure out how to turn the dang ringer volume down last night. So my husbands phone blares when someone calls lol
default_rolleyes.gif
We shall see but right now I am scared to use the thing
default_unsure.png

I got my Blackberry Curve on Valentine's day. Mine came with a cable that can attach the phone to a PC. It also came with a CD of blackberry software. I also have the internet access on my blackberry and I can download lots of things that way.

I even put google maps on mine and it will show you your location while you are driving down the road a GPS type of thing. It works in conjunction with the google earth thing and you can switch back and forth from map view to earth view.

I think the Blackberry is great. I will never go back to a regular cell phone, I will only go up to an I-Phone.

Most of the limitations with the blackberry have to do with their proprietary operating system RIM. The limitations I have noticed mostly have to do with what games you can put on the blackberry and when surfing the internet you can not open up PDF files.

Also the screen being so small I really have to use stronger reading glasses while surfing to be able to read the small print.

Have fun with it.

Charlotte

Ok we figured out how to add songs and pictures. The stupid T-Mobile guys forgot to mention to us that we needed to purchase media cards
default_rolleyes.gif
So after we installed those everything worked nicely. I received two phone calls today and answered them successfully lol
default_biggrin.png
Still not too excited about texting though since it takes me forever to find the dang letters
default_rolleyes.gif
But I do like the feel of it when I am talking on it. And it sounds very crisp and clear compared to my razor. Thanks for all the info everyone
default_saludando.gif

Latest posts

Back