Bit fit help!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbrown

Reaction score
I have been assuming Kandy had a 4 1/4" mouth- that's what her old bit was, and it seemed to fit her just fine. I needed to get her a new bit for the summer (I don't want her in her usual liverpool when she's doing lessons with fairly inexperienced people), so bought a 4 1/4" online- it got here, looked big, so I measured and sure enough, it's a 4.5" instead. I figured I might as well try it on before I send it back for being the wrong size. At first, it looked huge in Kandy's mouth, but it actually seems to fit her well... I asked several of the ladies who were at the barn this morning, and they agreed it seemed to fit okay. What do you guys think?? I know it's just 1/4" inch, but that seems to make a big difference with the little guys. I've measured her mouth to be just a tad over 4", but she has such fat lips that the corners of her mouth always stick out!

bit1.jpgbit2.jpg

Photo posting attempt #2... I can't figure out why that picture is upside down!bit3.jpg

Okay, good! It just looks so huge when she yawns or opens her mouth, and it looks huge compared to Skip's bit. Kandy just has such a chubby little face
default_laugh.png

I have found that different shape/styles of bits fit differently. Looks fine to me
default_smile.png

I have found that different shape/styles of bits fit differently. Looks fine to me
default_smile.png
I'm finding that, too... makes bit shopping frustrating!! Unfortunately, Kandy let me know that she's not a fan of this bit, so back it goes.

Latest posts

Back