Bird people, a question...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
*happy sigh*

Oh - I have always dreamed of a female Eclectus... a freind has a Solomon Islands male Eclectus and I used to be his babysitter ... Major was a fun guy. He knew a few tricks and loved to go for car rides. And wolf whistle at girls - which could be embarrassing when said girls turned around and saw this female sitting in her car at the stop light... and could not see the Green Menace - who would have instantly climbed lower in his travel cage and be out of sight...

Ruby - the only female eclectus I have had contact with - was VERY single minded... devoted to her owner - and hated anyone else.
Oh just my luck, another Jade! :bgrin

But my first choice - if I was in a situation where I could have a bird again - would be to get another galah (rose-breasted cockatoo) like my dear Dusty. Dusty was a love - a cuddler, funny, sweet... when I bought him privately they thought he was 12... my friend with Major (and many other birds) thought he looked "older" somehow - just a feeling he had... Dusty died in my lap on Christmas Eve many years ago... he had had a stroke that messed his legs up... he was having trouble climbing... but he still loved to lay on his back and get stroked and scratched. We figured he was elderly when I got him... and thus succumbed to old age 8 years later...

I will try and find a pic of him
default_wub.png
: - but here is a generic galah...
default_smile.png

galah3.jpg
That is a beautiful bird as well, are they closer to the size of say a sulpher crested?

Must have been hard to lose your Dusty like that. These birds live so long it is like losing someone in the family.

He sounded like a real sweetheart Tagalong! Very pretty too.

Minihoofbeats your eclectus is electric!! That is one cute bright bird!

Beccy... how about a mini tocan! Years ago a friend had one and it was the most adorble little bird with a big beak!

Beccy... how about a mini tocan! Years ago a friend had one and it was the most adorble little bird with a big beak!
Seriously??? :new_shocked: I've never seen one!
warning tookies can be down right nasty with that beak......had my hands beak slapped by a full sized tookie many years ago it was excrutiating.....................looked like my hand got caught in a meat grinder
default_wacko.png
:

The Galah's aren't real big smaller than sulfur's a bit bigger than goffins..and gorgeous..........co_ckatoo's are such loving birds they need lots of attention and prefer to be with you if possible.......

That eclectus is soooooooooooo stunning...I wanted one of those for years.............I also would love to have a pair of palm co_ckatoos and do some handfed babies...but no more birds for me I developed severe allergies :no: :no:

orange wing amazons aren't huge and the ones I have known were great fun, talked quite well......double yellowheads are bigger.........amazons have an interesting busy personality...........

Birds in general can be very sexist.....I have known more birds who hated men or hated women and there was NO changing their minds....................a patagonian conure that lived with me back in the bird days..........only really like women and loved to boss the dogs around..............and what was funny was how all the big bad dogs were scared of her......I am talking standard poodle, 2 siberian mixes, and a chow......
default_rolleyes.gif
:
default_rolleyes.gif
: she was quite brazen :bgrin

I don't know..guess it depends on the tocan. But the small species are just too cute and can be nice.

How about a Rosella? Those are neat parrots...granted very loud. We had a normal colored male that learned to say,"Here..Kitty,,,kitty"... the dumb cat would fall for it every time. Once she got close to the parrot she "thought" she would get a bird snack...the Rosella would scream on top of its voice..and scare the snot out of the cat, who would fall off the dresser and run for its life and then the Rosella would laugh afterwords.

I know mean to the cat but it was funny! Cat never did learn.

My favorite all time parrot...besides the Bourke...was the kakariki parrot. Had a female and was just such a love to everyone. Unless you wore an military uniform. Don' know what happened to her....but she would hiss at anyone in one. Same person regular clothes ...no problem. They are super quiet parrots...and would purr like cats when happy.

Latest posts

Back