Bio Cube

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sterling

Reaction score
I just got this last week. My new Bio Cube aquarium. It supports fresh and salt water fish and media. I'll be using it for fresh water. It's cycling now and will be about another month or so before I settle fish in it. The thing I love most is that it gives my living room that mystical moon-glow ambiance that I sooo love! It has 3 types of light. One which is the LED lunar glow which you see in the pic, and 2 fluorescent lights. I love the convenience of the hood everything is so nicely set. Anyway....I still have my little guppy tank which will act as my baby tank...can't wait to get started with this Bio Cube and fish! Here it is all set up and running.

IMG_6505.jpg

Cool tank. I know lots of salties who have BC's. Looking forward to seeing your fish when it's all ready for them.

Not sure what you are cycling your tank with...obviously you need something in there to create the ammonia to start your cycle (and feed it) Just wanted to let you know that very few people cycle with live fish anymore (kind of cruel to subject them to that) so a nice piece of table shrimp will do the job equally as well
default_biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, that is pretty.... You could use it for a night light, LOL And what do you plan on putting in there when it's time. What a great idea on using a piece of table shrimp to start a tank!

I have had good luck though with just using a fish or two- mine have survived........

Thank you all!
default_biggrin.png
I like to let my tanks go for about a month or so and let the water age. I've also use parts of recycled water and drop some fish flakes in it as well to get the nitrogen started. I put my live plants in before the fish inhabit the tank. I've had success with the hardier fish starting the tanks for me such as Danios for the tropical tanks.

HG Farm...it is a beautiful night light! I just love it. I'm planning a community tank,,,mostly livebearers. I really like the Mollies tho, I've bred them in the past and it was so rewarding. But I also love the bright Platys, fancy Guppies, Neons (egg layers) and just love those little Corey Cats. I'm still in the planning stages.....
default_laugh.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful!!!
default_wub.png
I missed it, how many gallons is it?

Latest posts

Back