per special request, more Alaska pictures

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixie_belle

Reaction score
IMG_0034.JPGIMG_0042.JPGIMG_0074.JPGIMG_0123.JPGIMG_0129.JPGIMG_0027.JPG

I just picked some pictures of our trip, at random. If this is posted in the wrong place, feel free to move it.

We had a fanastic room with a balcony on deck 10. We could literally sit on our sofa and watch Alaska go by. I would jump up every now and then and click off a picture or two. Those pesky whales are so fast....I couldn't get my camera up fast enough. But we did see some whales, some orca, lots of dolphins and some bald eagles. One of the eagles actually caught a fish right in front of me and preceeded to eat it on a buoy in the water. How cool is that???

We had done a ton of research on cruise lines prior to making our decision to use Norwegian. And it's funny, when you read the reviews, there would be a wonderful review and a really pittiful one...and they were both talking about the exact same cruise. I got pretty much what I had expected. Our room was fantastic. The food (in the sit down restaurants) was really good. The menu might be a tad limited but I didn't get anything that wasn't fantastically tasty. And the lobster was probably the best I've ever had. (I thought my hubby was going to grow some gills, he ate so much salmon.)

There was almost always some sort of entertainment going on. And since hubby and I LOVE performance music, we really enjoyed all of that. Oh, and if you cruise Norwegian, and do the trivia contests, do your homework before you leave. The questions are really, really hard!!! We were pathetic.

We had a fantastic time, our "chub" suits were a big hit. Everyone wanted to take our picture in them. Norwegian has a "signature" party on every cruise. It's called the white hot party. They have music and black lights and everyone dresses in white so you sorta glow. We knew about it from our research. We couldn't be normal.....oh no, not us. Hence our white suits. It was so much fun.

Honestly, at first I didn't think the cruise would be worth the trip up there because it's pretty brutal. But I will freely admit that I was wrong. It was fantastic. Just to get away and be together and see that beautiful scenery. And we got to relax. (and eat, that goes without saying). One night at dinner they had a chocolate buffet. OMG. Of course we filled our plates before dinner then I could only eat one dessert because dinner was so good. Hubby ate all 6 of his, plus the other two on my plate that I couldn't eat. His reasoning: He heard that chocolate prevents scurvy and he really, really hates scurvy. LOL He pretty much had dessert all day long. I didn't think he could eat that much ice cream but apparantly I was wrong. LOL

WHOO HOOO more pics!!!!

I can't tell which I enjoyed more, your pics, or your telling of your trip!
default_smile.png

Your hubby sounds like a lot of fun! All the great things you got to see!
default_wub.png

I knew your suits would be a hit! LOL! I was all...aw
default_sad.png
when you said you wouldn't get to go and then glad that you were! I'm happy you went and that you shared it here with us!

Thank you!

Robin said it all!!! What a brilliant time you must have had!! your pictures are stunning and I loved you guys in your white chubby suits. Im so glad it worked out for you. I know you were in Alaska but were you still able to relax on the deck or was it too chilly...I notice you have long sleeve sweater..pool? heated?

There were several days when people were in the pool and hot tub. Unfortunately, they no longer make long sleeved, long legged bathing suits so I will never go out to a public pool again. LOL We packed heavy coats and didn't really need them. Our long sleeved shirts and a light jacket were enough. The ship has glass windbreaks that work wonderfully at keeping you warm. Now, when I went to peek off the bow of the ship near to the glacier it was a different story. BRRRRR. Some people actually opted to eat outside near to the pool. And on two days I would have put on a short sleeved shirt if I would have had one.

Fantastic pictures! So glad you got to go, your report has me living it with you!

Beautiful Pictures and Wonderful Story of your trip!! Sounds like you and your Hubby had a great time!! That sounds like my kind of trip, relaxing and beautiful scenery! Thank you for sharing with us!!
default_yes.gif

Awesome pics! Brings back memories.

I lived in Alaska for 9 yrs. I miss it and miss eating the food from there. I came to Michigan in 1989 and only have memories from a child. Now as an adult, I want to go back and see it again. If I didnt meet my hubby in 2006, I was in the works of moving back as I had nothing here for me...but things change. I tell my hubby that we will go for a 2 week hunting/fishing vacation in a few yrs if he likes it or not! LOL!

Alaska_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back