Billy and Pepper

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never had a dog eat alfalfa. Did Pepper eat Dapper Dan's alfalfa too?
Yes. That's where she started that. She was pals with him and wanted to do whatever he did. Guess she didn't have any other animals to hang out with.
This evening she climbed into Billy's dish to eat his grain. A month or so ago I saw these white rice-things in her stools and thought it was parasites. It was oat groats going right through her. I tried to keep her out of Dapper Dan's dish till he was finished. I thought Billy would keep her out himself, but guess not. She'll have to be leashed while he eats, or I shut her in the garden.

Billy is not happy with Pepper. He never offers to hurt her, but his ears go back and he shakes his head at her. For some crazy reason he still allows her in his food dish, but he doesn't want her messing with him. She hands around under him when I am grooming and cleaning feet, and he is okay unless she gets around his head. Pepper used to sit on Dapper Dan and she wants to sit on Billy, but he refuses to have her on him. Maybe I will get a helper, and work with him to accept her on his back.
No more tantrums when he is away from home.
Billy is noticeably calmer and friendlier now that he is alone. He needs us for a herd, I suppose. Garden Club was here yesterday and he was wandering around in the yard. They all wanted to pet him. He loved it.

Latest posts

Back