big horse saddles

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liltnt

Reaction score
I have a friend that found a large horse saddle and she is trying to get some information about it. It has a number stamped on it, is there a site that you could check the number to get info? All I now at this point is its older,and dirty. I have a couple of picture but it is only parts of the saddle not the whole thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
can you post a pic of it?

Also is it a western, military, or english saddle?

I have a old military saddle that took me a few yrs to find info on. I just kept looking all over the internet. I still dont know how rare it is or what the initals, #'s stand for BUT did find out what yr it is and what it was used for and brand and what it worrth.

I took mine to a antique swap meet and a old harnes/leather shop.

GOOD LUCK!

heres mine and a info chart I found!

attachment8.jpg

04plate300_small.jpg

Is the name of the saddlemaker stamped on the saddle somewhere? A number alone won't help a lot in most cases, but if the name of the person/company that made the saddle is there then you'd be able to find out more about it.

I think its an old Big Horn saddle. They mark their saddles like that. With the fenders replaced you may not find a makers mark.

The horn would be one clue on it being a vintage Big Horn, I think they also had a stamp on the front skirt but can't remember since it has been so long since I had big horses.

I think its an old Big Horn saddle. They mark their saddles like that. With the fenders replaced you may not find a makers mark.

can you post a pic of it?

Also is it a western, military, or english saddle?

I have a old military saddle that took me a few yrs to find info on. I just kept looking all over the internet. I still dont know how rare it is or what the initals, #'s stand for BUT did find out what yr it is and what it was used for and brand and what it worrth.

I took mine to a antique swap meet and a old harnes/leather shop.

GOOD LUCK!

heres mine and a info chart I found!
I love Military Saddles. I used one when I was a kid. It is amazing just how comfortable they are.

MindyLee,

I love those old McClellan saddles, too. I used to ride in one all the time on a Paso and it was awesome!

Back