BIG HORSE FOAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CLC Stables

Reaction score
We had a foal born on Saturday. The mare was 14 days overdue, and showed absolutely NO signs of being ready even just an hour prior to foaling. We moved this weekend, and came back to a healthy FILLY. She is black or black bay with a Blaze. She is by a stakes winning some of Strawfly Special, out of a Graded Stakes Placed daughter of Raise A Secret (leading broodmare sire).

We are anxious for 2011, and her first futurities.

Congratulations!!!!! We need pics, now
default_wink.png

She is likely not going to make it through today as I found her this morning near death, and severely hypothermic. She someone contracted what we think is an acute salmonella strain causing a hemorraghic bowel, and well the problems go from there. We will know more this afternoon to see if we can pull her out of this.

Oh, I am sorry! That really bites. The worst part of foaling is being reminded how fragile those new lives can be. I hope you can pull her thro.

Oh, I am so sorry to read this, Rob. I hope to read that she has pulled through!

Latest posts

Back