Bfogg, about the reading on Brandy...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SunQuest

Reaction score
Bonnie,

First, thanks for doing the reading on my mom's dog Brandy. Mom and Dad were greatly relieved to be able to have you chat with Brandy.

Next, Sorry about Glacier interfering with you getting started. I would have thought that he would have been nice to you since you have read him a couple of times. But I guess he had ideas all of his own, and to him this really was a "black and white" issue. After all, he thought you weren't supposed to be there. Laughs. I could see him outside staring off into nowhere and his ears were just moving around in a fashion that told me he was really listening, even if he wasn't budging on his behavior. Then when you asked for me to go get him and tell him that it was ok to talk with Brandy, I understood that he was being a real "pill". LOL. Still, showing you how angry he was about you being there wasn't very nice of him! But at least I know he loves his "grandma's" home and protects it as if it were his own! LOL.

I just had to tell you about Brandy though... It was so funny. During the reading yesterday, the barking you heard was her. What was funny though was that Brandy would tilt her head, then move her ears and/or eyebrows, and you could see that the wheels were turning in her brain as she thought about the reply to what you were talking to her about. Then she would let out a single woof. The tones of the woof that she was using was like when she talks to us and I got a distinct impression that they were like saying "yes", "no", "maybe", ect. It was not the type of tones that she uses when strangers are around or when she barks at things or even tells Glacier to bug off.

And each woof was slight different and always just a single woof as you know. I just had to share that with you as those single woofs like she was doing she had not ever done before. Normally she barks out full sentences, especially when she doesn't want to come into the house and Mom insists that she does come in. Then Brandy really "mouths off" and tells Mom exactly what she thinks. The sentences are just like humans in tone, like when ends a sentence the tone gets slightly deeper, or if a question the tone gets slightly higher. And these single barks so reminded me of one word answers or questions.

Anyway, just had to share that with you and with others of this forum as this is the first time I have actually got to observe an animal's reaction to your reading as normally I am at work when you read them for us. It really was quite fascinating to see.

And as soon as you were done, both dogs settled right down and they took a short nap. It was funny, but Glacier was much more "stuck like glue" to Brandy all of yesterday afternoon and evening. But overall, both dogs were very happy yesterday, and Mom and Dad were very pleased as well and Mom really understood what you had to say about her precious old girl and dignity.

Thanks again! ((((Hugs))))

Hello Nila,

I am so glad you and your parents enjoyed the reading!

Glacier was funny and I can see why you named him that. I REALLY met BOTH Glaciers yesterday.

Up close and very personal.

Sometimes I so wish I could project some of the things I see so others could see what I see.

Sometimes you will see the animals react to what I am saying or to what they are saying.

The reading after yours was one of the most intense I have done. :eek:

Thank you,

Bonnie

Oh my, you must have had one of "those" days. Laughs. I can't picture it getting more intense than Glacier standing guard showing his teeth to you....

Yep, that was the "icy" side of his personality. Can you imagine, my husband wanted me to name him "Yukon Cornelius" after the guy in the Rudolph cartoon, but Glacier was never "Corny", and well, Yukon was to common of a name for a husky. So after a little more thought, Glacier just fit him. Originally it was because of his cool icy blue eyes, but he has grown into that name in ways I never thought he would. Funny, but I call him "Ice Man" once in a while as he loves to help get ice out of the water buckets, but now have another reason to call him that :eek:

Sure wish I could hear about the reading after as it sounds like it was interesting! (Yes, I know, confidentiality
default_wink.png
: )

Anyway, thanks again for your help in understanding our animals!

Anyway, just had to share that with you and with others of this forum as this is the first time I have actually got to observe an animal's reaction to your reading as normally I am at work when you read them for us. It really was quite fascinating to see.

how awesome! like you most of the readings i have had done, i have been at work, or had to be in the house on the phone and the animal was outside... but when Bonnie did my husband's little rat terrier Hannah, we had Hannah right there on his lap. it was amazing to watch her expressions when Bonnie was "talking" to her...

Latest posts

Back