Best in the business with halter horses?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rosaroca

Reaction score
If you had to name one person, who do you think is the best in the business as far as presenting halter horses? I'm talking about conditioning, grooming, make up, and ring presentation?

If you had to name one person, who do you think is the best in the business as far as presenting halter horses? I'm talking about conditioning, grooming, make up, and ring presentation?

John Eberth and/OR Sarah Orangias

(not that we are biased! LOL)

John Eberth (who showed our filly to Grand Champion Mare) and Belinda Bagby (who has shown our Stallion to two National titles and All Star wins in 2008 &2009). Both are awesome, real horse people and you can trust them explicitly.
default_wub.png
default_aktion033.gif
default_yes.gif

Hello

There are several "best in the business" halter trainers. They are in demand. Not all of those trainers will like your horse either, so you may have to have several look at them first. Some horses are more showy than others, some trainers perfer solids over color, some no white on the face, some marked a specific way if they have color and etc...........
default_smile.png

Good luck, their are several very good trainers / best in the business trainers who post on this forum. If you are looking for someone for this year, they will most likely committed already for their show string.

** I had two other trainers look at Majestic for showing, they did not want him BUT the trainer that did want him, took him, won big with him - he went on to the TOP - World Grand Champion Sr. Stallion!

I am not sure there is one person. There are plenty of top handlers who get great results in the show ring. They all have different personalities and I think it is a matter of matching them with a horse to end up with a great team. Not every top handler will work for every horse.

I would defiantly go with Belinda Bagby. She showed our stallion to a reserve national champion senior stallion before we bought him and I am seriously thinking about putting him back with her next year. She has a lot of experience and I know that someone on her staff(sorry I can’t think of her name) won the groomers award. She gets a lot of good results. But that’s just my opinion and yes whatever trainer you go with will have to choose your horse. They of course want horses that will win because it is the results they get that keep them in business.

Alliance Farm does a fantastic job of fitting and grooming, so does Star's Miniatures.

Both farms are in Texas.

Danielle Hill is another who does a fabulous job.

I should have qualified my answer in that with the Shetlands/AMHR John Eberth and Belinda Bagby would be my choices and for AMHA it would be Star (Mike & Alison Rosauer), Alliance (Terri & Mike)with Windflight (Ray Zoecher) coming in there somewhere close.

Funny how the same names keep popping up from folks. LOL

Back