Besides horses

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Obviously, we love animals. All the Shih-Tzu's, two of the cats, and the lab x chow sleep on the bed at night! The collie sleeps on a dog bed by my side of the bed. I don't know what we'd do without pets. And, I love my horses so much it's hard to even put into words, but my dogs (especially the shih-tzu's) are in a whole 'nother category. I love them so much it hurts.
[SIZE=10pt]What a fun thread! I'm with Jill here - I dont know what I'd do with out my pets - life would be unimaginable![/SIZE]

Ok - here goes:

Housepets - Sammie - a Cockerspaniel, Meow Meow - cat, Francious - Umbrella Cockatoo, Echo - Timneh Grey, Cricket and Twinkie - Cockatiels, Bengalese and Saffron Finches, Ruby - my daughters albino rat, two

aquariums.

Outside - three miniature horses, one mini donkey, one riding horse, Salem - beagle, terri poo and Hunter - a sheplab. Think that covers every one!
default_rolleyes.gif
:

I have

15 assorted minis, with 4 more due

5 dogs (3 Anatolian Shepherds: Yoldas, Melek, & Hayle, 1 Australian Cattle dog: Maggie, and 1 Tibetan Spaniel: Falkor)

6 cats ( the oldest being 20) Belle, Velcro, Bandit, Baby Kitty, Precious, & Caramel

1 bird (a sun conure) named Skreech

2 pygmy goats (Max & Krew)

1 Nigerian dwarf goat (patch) the pygmy's don't care for him
default_unsure.png
:

and whatever homeless thing wonders on to the property.
default_wacko.png
:

Robin

Last edited by a moderator:
4 minis

2 pygmy goats (want 2 more this spring)

2 inside dogs (a lab and a mix)

9 chickens (all hens) (11 eggs in the incubator due april 7th)

I had a barn cat that died last fall, so I'm in the market for two kittens too.

Well here is my list:

3 Llamas (Farrah, Fawn & Sugar)

2 Potbellied Pigs (Wilbur & Bacon)

4 Pygmy goats (Stinky, Mermaid, Faith & Shania)

20 Miniature horses (6 more on the way)

11 Miniature Donkeys (with 2 on the way)

1 Full size Paint horse(Apache)

1 Calf (Buttercup)

Tons of barn cats(I think they just keep moving in)

1 Housecat (Cally)

2 Dogs (Remington & Asia)

1 Beta Fish

1 Hermit crab

:saludando:

IN addition to my big riding mare Cheyenne, we also have 18 minis, (expecting 3-5 foals this year)

a kazillion chickens (ok not really, but do have: 10 silkies, 7 Mille Fleur d'Uccle Belgian Bantams, 9 light brahma bantams, 2 golden laced cochin bantams, 2 dutch old english bantams, a couple of americanas as well as some other unknown breed hens and a rooster in the chicken coop).

We have 3 goats - one is purebred Nubian, the other two are Nubian/Boer crosses

1 suffolk lamb - which was Dakota's show lamb from 2005

Inside, we have one cat, two greyhounds (Galyn and Allie), an African Grey (Captain Morgan), 2 pair of cockatiels, 3 lovebirds (who just hatched their first baby last week
default_wub.png
: ), a pair of green cheek conures and a Lilac Crown Amazon (Ruby) - her mate Charley just passed away a couple of weeks ago
default_sad.png

default_wacko.png
:

Well, are we ALL nuts, or what???? :new_shocked: :lol:

Here's my list:

Besides 70+/- minis and mini shetlands --

*3 Big horses

*4 Llamas

*2 mini donkeys

*1 billy goat

*4 dogs

*4 cats

*2 birds (cockatiel and a conure)

*3 hermit crabs

*1 Beta Fish

MA

Here's our menagerie:

1 QH mare - Stormy

1 Paint gelding - Hershey

5 German Shepherds - Max, Heidi, Ilse, Gretel and Anke

2 Pit Bulls - Daisy May and Bogart

2 kitties - Jasmine (seal point siamese) and Baby Trouble Cat (calico)

I working from home today as Heidi is in labor so we will soon have 4 more GSD's.

Jean

Ok those who know us, know we are crazy. After this the rest of you will too!
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Caring for this lot is a full time job on it's own....

5 large horses

8 ponies (with a 9th arriving soon from a friend)

43 miniatures (hopefully 44 by the end of today, this mare is going to hang on forever!
default_wacko.png
: )

8 goats

1 cow (an old girl who is just a pet)

1 llama

6 rabbits

three peafowl

4 ducks

6 chickens

4 turkeys (yes they are pets believe it or not!)

10 dogs (assorted sizes, all house pets)

16 cats

1 ferret

4 rats

2 gerbils

1 Senegal parrot

1 cockatiel

1 budgie

4 aquariums

1 pond full of goldfish and koi

Gee, it doesn't seem that bad till I see it all listed here! :new_shocked: :lol:

edited to add: I forgot our old black ewe Sarah, and our spotted miniature donkey, but he is not here yet so maybe he doesn't count yet!

We have four outdoor dogs, three outdoor cats, about 70 head of cattle (plus a few yearlings and we're calving now, so that number is probably closer to 120 at the moment), one spoiled cockatiel and that's it for now.

How fun, I'll play!
default_smile.png

2 riding horses

6 minis

10 dogs - 7 Salukis, 2 Siberian Huskies and 1 very loved Cavalier King Charles Spaniel puppy

1 Persian cat

15 finches - 7 Lady Gouldians & 3 Gouldian Chicks, 3 crested Societies, and two Owls

2 Aquariums - 1 Discus tank, 1 Angelfish tank.

Shelley

http://www.trulyyoursfarm.com

[SIZE=12pt]WOW[/SIZE]! Are we crazy about our critters or what?? I don't have any 2 legged children so mine all have 4 legs and tails! Here's my list.

11 minis with 3 more in the oven

1 old retired big horse(Joe)

2 goats(Tom and Jerry)

7 cats that I claim :bgrin but my barn always has food out so I tend to feed a lot of strays. 4 are indoor/outdoor and 3 are outdoor/barn cats. (Ali-the princess, Ricky, Lucy and Samantha are inside, Casey, Sassy and Sarah are barn cats. Sarah was one of the "unclaimed" but has won her way into a permanent position.)

3 Dogs: Chance the Aussie, Duke the sock-thief Golden, and Cami the Cairn puppy and sock-thief in training!

Besides 8 minis(I really, really want to drop that number by one or two, to have the time to enjoy the others--driving!),I have one APHA mare, a Rhodesian Ridgeback, Roma, a Maltese, Angel, and a Chihuahua, Mia. I have to remind myself constantly not to give in to temptation to get more-I have about all I can do keeping up with the place and its inhabitants, all myself, as it is! However, I *AM* currently considering a rescue Dobie...! If I were younger, and financial resources were no object, I would have one of about EVERYTHING! I would LOVE to have a Caique!!

My daughter,who is here every other weekend, brings her full sister to my Chihuahua--and is currently working with CO Pug Rescue about adopting an older pug guy! Hoping it will go through, soon!

Gosh - I feel deprived. Here's my short list.

2 minis - except I think 1 outgrew his AMHR papers and should be a POA - Bambi & Kitty

1 Big leopard - Dee

1 Shih Tzu - Ray of Sunshine

1 German Shepard - Duke

Tam - I love the names of your critters!!!

Edited to add: May be adding another mini to my list. Waiting to hear from the seller.

I just LOVE my furred and feathered family!!!
default_wub.png
:

We have:

5 Mini's: Dusty, Scooter, Peanut, Nik-Nak and Buck

2 Dogs: Katie our Sheltie, Kidd our Aussie

1 Umbrella Cockatoo, Gus

1 Severe Macaw, Micky

1 Jenday Conure, Rowdy

11 Cockatiels; JJ, Honey, Bear, JD, Annie, Sunny, Bailey, Gabby, Little Bailey, Cloud, Velcro.

And then there is the miscellaneous outside critters, our barn cats and kittens, our bird feeder birdies, the squirrels, bunnies, and deer that come in to eat too!
default_wub.png
: They all keep me sane, and give me a good reason to get up and going every day!! :bgrin

Nancy
default_smile.png

I have 6 minis (Ginger, Jordan, Gabby, Tas, Mistee & Camilla)

1 big horse - Anoki

2 dogs - Sammie (my mutt) & Moxie (cardigan corgi)

2 cats - Amy (Himalayan) & Buster (Maine Coone x)

1 chinchilla - Oliver (the elephant
default_smile.png
)

2 guinea pigs - Pippa & Penny

1 tank of pond fish

We also have a St.Bernard, but she is my Mom's dog (and is also an indoor dog!!)

I really want to get a Norwegian Elkhound & another cardi pup (but I don't think Moxie would like that
default_rolleyes.gif
: ), but I'll have to wait awhile for that!! I also want to get a hedgehog again....I miss having a little spike ball around
default_sad.png

~kathryn

Okey Dokey, here's my list.........................

15 minis

3 big horses

4 dogs

1 cat

1 goose

2 emus

4 goats

1 rabbit

27 chickens

Koi fish pond

I haven't gotten my horse yet, but I have.....

around 30 cats (all outdoor but one - Binx)

2 dogs (Kipper and Kody)

a dwarf rabbit (Willow, who is the light of my life and lives indoors)

a green iguana (Draco)

And one very lonely rooster (Big Red was a stray)

We're a variety home. :bgrin

ok,..my turn!!
default_smile.png
:aktion033:

We have ,...

My beloved Foxy(of course),LOL

one beef,..(uhhhh)/milk cow,.....Fred loving calls her Big Girl!(He plans to breed her this spring,..Well,..not him personally)
default_wacko.png
:

one big dog,....not sure what breed,or breeds are in her,..her name is ,..PUPPY!!

2 toy pomeranians,.....J.D(12yrs old),and my fav,...BOO(4 yrs old),..We had both since puppyhood.

2 cats,...Lil Brat and Angel

7 ducks

and

one lonely chicken!
default_sad.png
We lost the other 5 this winter due to a weasel!,..Gotta get more this spring!

and hopefully soon,....foxy's little baby will arrive safely into the world!

HOLY COW,...That makes 16 pets!!!,...not counting Fred!!!!
default_wacko.png
: :lol:

I have:

11 minis

2 big horses (TB & a paint)

3 barn cats

a chihuahua

and a chinchilla

Besides my minis I have.......

6 dogs

14 yr old lab x Molly

6 yr old lab Luna

4 jrt's all under 2 Murphy, Tizzy, Tulip and Jackie(named by the kids!)

2 older cats Aoife and Cookie Dough(named by the neighbours kids!)

and my hubby doesn't really like animals!!
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back