Besides horses

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minicuteness

Reaction score
Besides horses, what other animals do you own? I own 4 dogs, 2 goats and 2 birds.

-Sarah

EDIT: The 4 dogs are Rowdy, Maddie, Star and Hope. The 2 goats are Sunny and Rams(thats her nickname) and we don't have names for the birds yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Harvey and I have a big four legged family!!! In addition to the miniatures and two big horses, we have:

4 Shih-Tzu Dogs (these are like our kids!!! Winston, Willow, Whitney & Webster)

1 Blue Merle Collie (Kelsey)

1 Lab x Chow (Maggie)

2 himalayan cats (Tiffany & Sabrina)

1 Maine Coone (ish) cat (Keeper)

4 Nigerian Dwarf Goats (George, Leroy, Henry & Jasper)

Obviously, we love animals. All the Shih-Tzu's, two of the cats, and the lab x chow sleep on the bed at night! The collie sleeps on a dog bed by my side of the bed. I don't know what we'd do without pets. And, I love my horses so much it's hard to even put into words, but my dogs (especially the shih-tzu's) are in a whole 'nother category. I love them so much it hurts.

I'm a big animal lover too. If I could, I would have more than I do, but for now I have the 10 ponies, 1 Shetland Sheepdog (Malcolm), 2 barn cats (Thomas and Tirzah), and 2 rabbit does (Licorice and Lavendar). I also will have other rabbits at times since I use the rabbits to raise meat but those are my two permanent ones.

Well other than the mini's and Qh's we have:

1 goat that thinks he's a dog/horse, who is fixing ot find himself a new home if he doesn't stay off of my car! :new_shocked:

Hubby has 5 working cowdogs that are a mix of catahoula, lacey, pit and redone.

I have a new 9 month old Kelpie pup I jsut got yesterday

3 JRT's

4 barn cats

I think that's it. lol

[SIZE=14pt]9 horses, 8 dogs (6 dachshunds and 2 corgis) oh 9 dogs counting Esther, and 2 cats.[/SIZE]

Lyn

5 horses (2 minis)

4 dogs

16 guinea pigs

2 birds

13ish cats

I think thats everything

For now I have one Toy Poodle dog named "Phillipe" and two spotty male mice who I call "Mike & Ike."
default_wub.png
: I'd love to have a "baby Phillipe" at some point, a Chinese Crested and a Standard Poodle, too...

We have:

Dogs: 1 border collie/retriever mix and 1 miniature pinscher

Cats: 2 egyptian maus (gorgeous cats!!!)

Goats: 13 Nigerian Dwarf goats (soon to be 15 I think, babies coming any day)

That's it for now.
default_wink.png
: At one point, we had 38 different animals here (lots of chickens, more dogs and cats and goats). We're down to a much more manageable number now.

Oh and how could I forget Mushu. He's my daughter's gerbil!

1 dog - German Shorthair Pointer (Black & White), 2 house cats (one calico and one black & white) and some barn kitties of various colors too!
default_smile.png

In addtition to the two big horses and mini we have a mini donkey, three mini Dachshunds, two Lab mixes, four rabbits, two aquariums, and a barn kitty.
default_smile.png

-Kristie

We have:

6 full-size horses [4 are mine, 2 are my husbands].

4 minis

2 dogs - Bridgette, my Aussie; Coke, my husbands red heeler (working cow dog)

1 indoor cat

10 or so barn cats

and a couple hundred Red Angus X cattle (give or take a few, calving has started).

:aktion033: We have in addition to 4 minis...

4 inside dogs(Koney terrier mix, Lucy Airedale, Buddy mutt, and Remington blue heeler aussy mix)

3 inside cats(Bosco, Hope and Pandora)

12 outside barn cats(most of them are named George! It's easier that way! LOL!)

5 bunnies

1 duck(Lucky)

5 pygmy goats( soon to be 1 or 2 more because a momma is due any day now!)( Mocha, Java, Blue Peppers, Morley, and Luther)

2 llamas(Wilson and Thunder)

and a fish tank full of assorted fish!
default_wub.png
:

We have 15 miniature horses,

2miniature donkeys

10 cats

3 labadors and waiting to get another lab puppy in May

We had goats in the past.

1 Blue & Gold Macaw parrot - Talley

3 Cats - 2 gray tiger males - Blatt Master T (f/n/a Tiger) and Meat; and one torbie American Bobtail - K. G.

3 Dogs - 1 blue merle Australian Shepherd - Bear; 1 Australian/Lab mix - Cracker; 1 4-month old German Shepherd puppy - Cheyenne

2 Turkeys - 1 Tom (named Tom) 1 hen (named Tam)

5 Ducks - Squeeker, Aflac 1, Aflac 2, Daffy & Lucky

1 Goose - Honk Honk

5 Hens - 3 Rhode Island Reds; 1 Buff; and a Houdan named Pom Pom

1 Rooster named Larry the Cable Guy - he's a stray former fighting chicken

Add to that 2 QH geldings and numerous miniature horses.

100 or so alpacas, suris and huacaya

23 minis, 2 stallion, 2 colts 5 fillies, 14 mares

5 Staffordshire Bullterrier Henry 14, Covergirl 14, Amber 10, Joyce 7 and Just Kidding 7.

My husband has Lady Gouldian Finches, Zebra-, Burkies, Scarlet, Elegance and a few budgies.

He has 15 show llamas.

We love them all! Anita

[SIZE=18pt]I have 2 kitties and 2 dogs at my house. At my mom's where I keep the minis she has 2 dogs 5 cats, and 2 birds.[/SIZE]

Christy

We have a German Shorthaired Pointer (14 yrs old) and a Black Bluetick Coonhound (12 yrs old). I used to have a whole business of ferrets (6 at once) but they've slowly passed over the bridge due to age. Personally, I think ferrets should have longer lives.
default_sad.png
I miss them all very much but hubby says no more ferrets. He wants a small house dog or two.

3 dogs (Jerry the Golden, Buddy the Chi-Rat? and Sprocket the JRT)

3 cats (LeDoux, Puck and Drifter)

2 goatie-goat-goaties (George and Gracie)

1 cockatiel (LuLu)

Tam, I love the Roosters name!

Latest posts

Back