Before and after clipping

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tami

Reaction score
[SIZE=12pt]First just let me say, I know she is a tad heavy....lol. She is on a diet and the weather is starting to cooperate so I can start working her. Her sire is a sorrel pinto and dam is a blue roan. I registered her as a black pinto but now I am not so sure. I have 2 other black colts that clip out much blacker than she has. I know the photo isn't the best for color and she is freshly clipped (she attending the Midwest Horse Fair this weekend), but she does have a mixture of dark and light hair. And you can see her lower legs are darker. [/SIZE]

unclipped.jpg

lilblueE3.jpg

To me she almost looks like she could be a bay roan. One thing is for sure - she is gorgeous! LOVE her head!!

Tami,

I am horrible with color, but I was just talking to a friend about your little girl and found the words for her...she is presence exemplified! What a gorgeous girl!

Jodi

I would say blue roan except her head doesn't look darker than her body as a roan should be...tell more when the coat grows back in. Head should stay black and body roan for a roan.

Are those actually white hairs on her body??

First impression tells me bay pinto.

LOVELY horse!! :aktion033:

I think she is just a black pinto with alot of sabino white hairs mixed in her coat.

Some blacks do clip out that light.

A roan always keeps a dark head and lower legs, hers are just to light.

Tami,

She is nice, what a PRETTY filly!!!!
default_wub.png
:

I can't answer your color question...
default_wacko.png
:

Good Luck at the show!

~Sandy

Thanks everyone. I love this girl. I need to get her in shape though....lol. Some of you may remember her from a post last year. I have loved her since birth but someone came to the farm and said something that made me think they thought she was a dwarf. She is 25" right now so she has been a little peanut all a long. I didn't see it so I posted her here for opinions. The vote was split half and half.

I guess I will just leave her as a black pinto. She does have a lot of white hairs. Her dam when clipped was almost white.

I would say black pinto, with sabino roaning maybe. My stallion (avatar) is a black pinto and he clips out very light with the darker leg points like your little mare does. She's awfully nice for how small she is (a big complement from me... I generally do NOT like anything under 32" conformationally!) !!!

Anyway, my stallion is very light when freshly clipped some times of the year, particularly earlier in the year. Here is a photo of him, at his "very light" stage" and since he has white socks it's hard to see the dark legs but he does have them:

tonyclipped2.JPG

He also has a lot of sabino roaning, too.

Andrea

Last edited by a moderator:
She is just stunning! I can only wonder what prompted people to think she might be a dwarf? Just the small size?

I have no idea what color she is, except she is a Pinto. Our black pintos clip out very black, have no sabino roaning, and haven't ever faded.

I am wondering where people see Blue Roan??

I see a Black base Sabino Pinto- I see no Roan in either coat, at all.

I don't know a lot about sabino, is it recessive? Her sire does not have any at all. Her grandsire did. She has it on her body and neck but not her face.

Wow Tami,

I didn't realize that she is SO small. That is awesome!

I never would have guessed she is so small!

She would be a PERFECT pasture mate for Semi...

(who is a chunky monkey at the moment... :eek: LOL )

~Sandy

Back