Before and after clipping

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She looks like a GORGEOUS blue roan pinto to me
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:

I can't help you with her color but I just wanted to say that SHE IS PERFECTLY GORGEOUS !!!
default_thumbup.gif
:

I just LOVE this little girl!
default_wub.png
: I would have never guessed she was only 25" either! :new_shocked:

She looks like a very lovely BLUE ROAN to me!
default_smile.png

I realize that head & legs should be dark on Blue Roans....but you CAN see that they are a slight shade darker than her body.
default_yes.gif
: When blacks are clipped first time in the Spring (winter coats) they usually clip out a gray color. I believe when her hair grows back, her head & lower legs WILL be much darker....and body will remain roaned. (until winter coat, when of course, Blue Roans look pretty much black all over) Of course, she could also be carrying some Sabino roaning along with it....but with her sire being Blue Roan & her coloring....I think she is Blue Roan just like him!
default_wink.png
:

Last edited by a moderator:
The boney parts of a horse are always a bit darker so also the head and legs, I don´t see roan at all, also her body is not light enough in that case, also in her winterwoolies you would have already been able to see white roan hairs coming true before the clipping.

She´s black pinto with sabino roaning in my book.

I'm not exactly sure what she IS, but I definitely do NOT see a blue roan...
default_wacko.png
:

She really is a beautiful filly. I would guess blue roan. Exqusite head

Tami, WOW~~~ is she a beauty! I love her. I dont see a blue roan at all. (Jane is my color expert on here...lol..) I remember her from last year and your email, I dont know where some thought she was a dwarf, she is just stunning
default_wub.png
: I bet shes a keeper :bgrin
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
: but in case you dont want her~~ I would be happy to take her off your hands :lol: :bgrin
default_yes.gif
:
default_wub.png
: Corinne

[SIZE=12pt]First just let me say, I know she is a tad heavy....lol. She is on a diet and the weather is starting to cooperate so I can start working her. Her sire is a sorrel pinto and dam is a blue roan. I registered her as a black pinto but now I am not so sure. I have 2 other black colts that clip out much blacker than she has. I know the photo isn't the best for color and she is freshly clipped (she attending the Midwest Horse Fair this weekend), but she does have a mixture of dark and light hair. And you can see her lower legs are darker. [/SIZE]

unclipped.jpg

lilblueE3.jpg

I still say she is a Blue Roan.
default_yes.gif
: I have Roans & know that they don't always "LOOK" the part....especially depending on the time of year, clipping, etc. Someone had mentioned that she wasn't showing enough of the lighter under-color thru her black coat in her un-clipped photo. Well, they all shed out at different rates. I had one that looked totally black still, in her winter coat in April....and at the same time, another had shed so much that very little of the black winter coat was left!
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Look closely at this filly's clipped photo....her lower legs ARE darker than her body. No, they are not "black" right now because her winter coat has just been clipped. But, you CAN easily see that they are darker, and the darker area on her right front leg comes to a point above the knee (typical for roans) You can also see that her head is slightly darker than her body. Her muzzle is black...which shows she is NOT a bay or bay roan.

And as I mentioned before....even tho I believe she is a Blue Roan (judging from her coloring & that she has a Blue Roan parent)...she "could also be carrying Sabino, which may contribute a certain amount of roaning on the points.

She is one very beautiful little girl!
default_yes.gif
:

Time will tell... blue roan or black. It just means that she will keep having to post pictures of this pretty little filly for us to see!

Andrea

WOW..what a difference eh!!!!?

She looks AWESOME...even with the weight on
default_rolleyes.gif
: heehee.

Kris

Thanks everyone. I appreciate your input. Still not sure what color to call her...lol. I will just wait and see how she looks after not such a fresh clip.

Latest posts

Back