Been gone awhile

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

journey

Reaction score
Well I have been gone awhile. I have been busy working alot of overtime, cause we lost 2 employees, plus the kids keep us really busy too.

Harley (as you can see in my avatar) loved the snow we got. Miss Sasha stayed in, she didn't want any part in it. It has been so cold here and I have had to blanket Sasha when it gets down to 32 or below. 2 weeks ago, she shedded out her winter coat. I think it is because we had a few weeks of 60 degree weather. I went out to brush her and Harley and it was just coming out by the handfuls. Scared me to death, so we called the vet and he came out and said that the weather has caused her body to be confused and start shedding early. I really thought she was sick or something, but now I can see she didn't have a hay belly and she looks great. Harley is still think and bushy. He just loved rolling around in the snow and playing in it.

I got hurt out at the barn last Thursday, It is a good dufus story for March. I broke my digital camra through all this, so it is time to go shopping again.

I also helped with the delivery of 5 baby goats. One of the girls had twins, and the other three had singles. This all happened this past Saturday in the middle of an ice storm. We were going to the barn (at my inlaws) to get the goats in so they would be warm. Sunshine (the one that had the twins) delivered in the barn by the time we got out there, and one delivered outside the other two delivered in the barn after we got them all in there. We were armed with Towels galore to dry these babies off. They are all healthy and adorable. This will probably be my only baby story this year. :bgrin

To all that has the Mare Stare going on, I wish you luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't our Tennessee weather just nuts????????

OH some of mine are shedding like crazy too, like they don't know what to do. Then the next thing we get these stupid ice storms! I about busted my hump over the weekend here on this ice.

I'm very ready for springtime too!

Come visit this side of the mountain when you can!

Isn't our Tennessee weather just nuts????????

OH some of mine are shedding like crazy too, like they don't know what to do. Then the next thing we get these stupid ice storms! I about busted my hump over the weekend here on this ice.

I'm very ready for springtime too!

Come visit this side of the mountain when you can!
I am looking for another job right now and when I find one with weekends off, I am headed your way!

Latest posts

Back