Barracuda Hoof nippers arrived today.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Georgine

I tried my new barracuda nippers on 5 horses, three which are the most difficult in terms of hooves being very hard and also a bit wider than some of the others.

I went to the barn about 10 a.m. and got back to the house at 1 p.m.

I trimmed 5 horses, did their wormer, clipped their heads and vacuumed each of them in that time frame.

The hoof nippers are excellent and it will make my life so much easier.

Someone said they went through the hoof like butter and that is exactly right.

The head trimming is my way of easily seeing who has had their worming, and hooves most recently looked after.

With 27 horses I find this a lot easier than making notes and if you are a horse with a hairy head and long bridle path, you need me to have a close look at you
default_yes.gif

I order Barracuda nippers and can hardy wait to get them. I have 11 mini's that need there feet done.

I shave the bridle path when I trim feet so I know who has there feet done. Alice
default_biggrin.png

Is there a book or website on how to trip a mini's feet? I thought I would have to have a farrier come out but if I can do it myself(safely that is-lol) I'd love to learn how. Where did you order your barracuda nippers?

Check out http://www.barefoottrim.com/

It's safe instructions, just don't rocker the toe like they do.

Minis don't need it.

For the best price on the nippers contact

[email protected]

$95 +$25 shipping

The closest I get to you is Wills Point. I'm at Majestic Farm Training Center once a month for 4 - 6 days.

If you'd like to come watch me work while I'm there, just email me.

Vickie

Thank you for the link Vickie! I am going to bookmark it and spend some more time reading later. You are so sweet for the offer, I would LOVE to watch you work! I'm not sure if I'll have time to do so anytime soon but maybe this spring or summer if you are still making the trips to Wills Point.
default_smile.png
Thank You!!

Glad you like your nippers! Aren't they just awesome! I am the one that posted "can you say butter" and then some videos of my hubby using them the first time. We LOVE these nippers.

kingminihorses...you can get them at the manufacturer's web site. Brenda is who will most likely reply to your email. She is a wonderful christian lady and has been just great to work with. Here's the URL.

www.hooftrimmer.org

It was Brenda Schneller who contacted me and the service was excellent.

I am really glad I got them, as my hands would get pretty sore after a few horses under the old style of trimming.

I actually ordered two sets since I was thinking there may have been another Canadian horse person that would enjoy a set.

The two people I thought would be interested are getting their numbers down so are sticking with what they have, so I will advertise them on Miniature Horse Club site I guess in order to find people more locally as I don't want expense to deliver..

Latest posts

Back