Barn Finally Finished!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misty'smom

Reaction score
Final inspection today and the barn is FINISHED!!! Only a few small chores to complete........Hang hay rack and water bucket, cut stall mats to fit. I had ordered some other door latches, really nice ones with a horse head in a horse shoe design which we will change out this weekend. Already picked up some pine shavings, brushes, curry brush, hoof pick, shedding blade etc. Now all I need is to have some hay delivered and get some grain. Oh yeah and the minis.........Misty and Josie should be spending their first night in the barn October 13th!!!!!

IMG_2962.JPGIMG_2963.JPGIMG_2968.JPGIMG_2969.JPGIMG_2972.JPGIMG_2975.jpgIMG_2961.JPG

Come build me one

LOVE IT!!!

Congrats!

(im jelouse)

default_smile.png

I am super happy for you! And your new horses! The barn is so cute I love love love it.

Very cute barn.

I can't tell, will the minis be able to see each other between the stalls? If not, and the stalls are big enough, while they are adjusting to their new home, you might consider housing them in the same stall for awhile.

Good observation Chanda and I'd like to add also that the doors should be low enough for them to see out without straining as well. It all looks so nice and neat and servicable, I love when horses are protected from the elements, only other thing is I'm not a fan of the hay racks or any hay holders in my humble opinion. They will find a way to get some part of themselves stuck or in trouble, not to mention they love itching out their manes and tails on them. Mine eat hay in the natural way on the floor. Go figure....

I love your barn. It's lovely. I also think your fencing is great. Your minis are going to be very happy and they are lucky to have found you.

Beautiful! I want to live there...lol! Some very lucky horses and yes love the fencing also.

That is gorgeous. I'm not telling Wiseguy about this. He has a three sided shed although I finally managed to paint the bottom half. Yeah, I know, I should paint the top half first but I didn't have any trim color and I am running out of time before it turns cold.

That is just the loveliest little barn I have ever seen! I am preparing a couple stalls for minis in my barn now, but so wish I had this! Congratulations its gorgeous!

Lucky you! October 13th is going to seem like forever. So happy for you. Your barn is awesome your fencing looks very safe as well.

I have to agree that minis are very curious and love to see everything. I would try and make it so they can see out the doors as well as each other. Hay racks racks can be dangerous. I use either a busy snacker or the floor.

Back