balding or not balding

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samm S

Reaction score
hey

okay i was wondering which styles and bonestructors of minis wuld you bald or not bald..?

could i see some pics of examples? i want to see if it would suit my B gelding but i dont wanna try it and it be a total disaster
default_wacko.png
:
default_unsure.png
:

thanks to all that replys and such!
default_wub.png
:
default_yes.gif
:

I did it on my bald face filly this summer because she had sun burnt nose I could not get looking decent. I then chalked her white in so it didnt look pink.

I do not like the look of pink skin so I will never again do any pink skin(unless necessary for some odd reason)

However I do like the look of the dark skin if done right.

However do remember they can and will burn after doing so(both dark and white skin)

I agree that it's for dark skinned horses. I haven't seen it done on a light skinned horse where I thought it looked right. If it's done well, I think most dark skinned horses look good with a facial. It does take practice, though. I will be trying to do a better job on my horses this coming season than I did this year. There are a few things I see in pics of mine from this year that I could have done better -- mainly to take the razoring up higher on the muzzle.

I like a bald face on a dark pigment horse. To tell if you like it on your horse you are going to need to try it, and practice. It takes time to learn how to blend nicely. Don't wait till just before a show to try it for the first time.

Be careful when clipping or balding with pink skin. I don't know about AMHR but AMHA the ONLY things you can color correct are the mane and tail. No chalking of white areas.

I watched a judge, last year, go along and wipe his finger across the white on horses checking for enhancer. I have seen them do this with dorsal stripes too.

Robin

Latest posts

Back