Bad Week :(

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Devon

Reaction score
I really just wanted to kind of vent... Last night while trying to catch the recue horse I fell and broke my collar bone.. Well cracked it and it REALLY hurts spent 4 hours in the hopsital waiting.. Whats really bugging me is that I ahve qualified for ONTARIOS (Which would be like your STATE championship) in track and field and theyre this week . I cant stop crying this is such a disappointment theres no way I can run.. I just can't belive the things that happen to me
default_crybaby.gif
: Now I have to go to school and wear a sling for a few days which I also do not want to do oh I just want to hide in a hole for a few weeks, Ill probably be able to show wee man this weekend so Im trying to look up but he also has 3 fuzzy legs as my blades died and I never had enough money to get him the burgandy victor show halter so I have to borrow one that doesnt even fit properly.
default_sad.png
Oh my I am so beyond upset right now..

Just I can't belive my luck sometimes..

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel for you, when I was a junior i high school (many years ago), I broke my collar bone in soccer practice, 2 days before our league championship game. I could not play, I had to sit on the bench.

When I was 21, I dislocated my shoulder (a horse flipped over a jump with me) 2 weeks before the Devon horse show. I was not able to show the 3 horses I was supposed to. I had to watch from outside the ring.

Both times were disappointing, but I was thankful that each time there was no permanant damage done and was able to eventually keep going doing what I loved.

I am so sorry for this accident. You must have worked so long to qualify for this and now won't be able to compete. I know you must be so disappointed. Hope you are able to cheer the others along, do well with Wee Man, and heal quickly.

I'm so sorry that you are going through some rough times right now and are in so much pain.

I can understand.... when I was in high school(20 years ago... can't believe it's been 20 years)......

I had a bad riding accident and was in a neck brace my first week of my senior year. Talk about embarrassing.... I was teased all year for this. I missed on practicing and playing field hockey for quite some time. Plus, I couldn't ride for a while.

I seem to be accident prone.. years ago I took my yearling(at the time) miniature gelding to a show and was helping my trainer set up an awning. I stepped in a hole and snapped my ankle.... she told me oh your fine and being the type of person who doesn't want to let people know when I'm hurting I showed him as much as I could and it just became too painful. I stayed all day... drove home. My car was a 5 speed. It was my left ankle that I injured. It was an hour long ride of total pain trying to push that clutch. Went to the hospital that night... I had severely sprained my ankle and took over a year to heal.

I hope you are better soon and can at least get some fun showing in.

Kim

So Sorry Devon, I know you are disappointed, but thank goodness you are going to be OK.

Hope for a speedy recovery and many wins your way. Take care and enjoy the pampering for this short period.
default_wub.png
:

Keep your chin up, things can only get better. Good luck showing Wee Man. I had hoped to show this summer at some AMHR shows in Ontario but alas now do not have the money due to unforseen vet bills. Maybe if all goes well i can make it to Collingwood this fall.

Keep your chin up, things can only get better. Good luck showing Wee Man. I had hoped to show this summer at some AMHR shows in Ontario but alas now do not have the money due to unforseen vet bills. Maybe if all goes well i can make it to Collingwood this fall.
thanks.

Yah thatd beneat if you could come down.

I cant help being so upset I really do not want to go to school ..

I logged on my computer and the background was the track for Ontarios since I was so excited I had it up on the dektop :no: And on my myspace i had a countdown and in my msn name.. wow this is a disappointment

hurts so much just typing :eek:

its one of those things where you think if I just didnt do that..

Worked so hard for nothing
default_sad.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Devon I am so sorry.

This Queen of Klutz also broke her collar bone and that is a really nasty pain.

You do not need to be out there showing, but maybe you can get someone else to show him for you?

Please, take it easy and concentrate on getting well. Things will get better!

hey Dev. keep your chin up girl. If someone will lend you blades I will come down to the barn and clip wee's legs for you
default_smile.png

omgsh i dont know what to do :no: Im so depressed i can't stop thinking about it oh my i honestly just want it to be gone.. i didnt wear my sling to school because i was embarrased so people probably think i was lieing now it hurt so im definatly wearing it tomorrow.. i feel so uncomfortable and centered out in it .. omgsh i just really dont need all this bad luck
default_crybaby.gif
: last year i didnt make it to ofsaa in hurdle si was ahead by a good 3 meters and fell on the last hurdle this was my chance and i made it and of course this happens why cant something amazing just happen
default_sad.png

Honey, I feel your pain...
default_rolleyes.gif
:

I have waited three years for my gelding to grow up so I could get to work harness training him...well, a few weeks ago I was all ready to put him to cart for the first time. I was actually in the act of harnessing him for his first voyage...when my friend's standard donkey got lose. I ran my gelding back into his stall, grabbed a lead, went out and caught the donkey. Well, the darned creature zigged when I zagged, and he spun me around so fast he sprained my ankle, and broke my leg. So much for my early summer's plans. :no:

why cant something amazing just happen
In answer to this one...just sit back; put it all into perspective, and go take a nice long-n-loving look at your Birthday Present.
default_yes.gif
:
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

so sorry for your disappointment

all the hard work was because it was something you enjoyed, just because you can't compete it wasn't for nothing it was for the accomplishment and fun for as far as you got.

I know words don't help but do know we feel for you

hope you feel better soon

Honey, I feel your pain...
default_rolleyes.gif
:

I have waited three years for my gelding to grow up so I could get to work harness training him...well, a few weeks ago I was all ready to put him to cart for the first time. I was actually in the act of harnessing him for his first voyage...when my friend's standard donkey got lose. I ran my gelding back into his stall, grabbed a lead, went out and caught the donkey. Well, the darned creature zigged when I zagged, and he spun me around so fast he sprained my ankle, and broke my leg. So much for my early summer's plans. :no:

why cant something amazing just happen
In answer to this one...just sit back; put it all into perspective, and go take a nice long-n-loving look at your Birthday Present.
default_yes.gif
:
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}
Aww that really sucks too I would be so upset
default_sad.png
Broken leg really holds you back. no showing even
default_crybaby.gif
: Im so sorry.

Your right zorro has been a good thing its just I cant even get wee mna his victor halter now. No money :eek:

aww, Dev! BIG *HUGS*.

Im sorry that all that happened to you... but hey, everything happens for a reason(even though we don't always know why..), and its the way you handle it that decides the outcome. You've been doing great considering all that has happened this week. Keep your head up...and hang in there girl. You know im always willing to talk
default_smile.png
. LOVE YOUU.

Kris

Ps...If you need any help with the horses at all...let me know..Im more than willing to come out and give ya a hand!

awe. dev. im so sorry, if my blades work u can use mine. i had sorta the same, thing happen to me . once i did gymnastics and two days before i was saposed to go to the finals (like gr 8 ) i broke my rist. i was so peeved off. i worked so hard. man lol. but cheer up butter cup. u just got a new horse lol. don't worie about being singled out. if anything ppls were nicer to me when i broke me rist lol. ill see yea soon
default_wub.png
:
default_yes.gif
:

Talkn to you now on yahoo so this might be short lol.

There is something good always around the corner after something bad. You just have to know that and always keep that in perspective. Everything happens for a reason, i know that is kind of hard to hear, but in the end something good will come out of this ..i konw that sounds imposibly but watch, it will. Untill then keep you chin up and give Zorro a big (or should i say mini lol hehe) hug!
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
: ,

Leeana

Oh Dev! you and me both, lol... I'm so accident prone! I wouldn't worry about feeling singled out... it happens all the time... lol, you know that there's always someone at school that is on crutches and has to use the elevator... (lol, been there done that...) at least you aren't on something like crutches where it's so much work to get around... lol, I'll tell ya a little story... maybe you'll laugh! (if it doesn't hurt too much!) Last year I was on crutches, and I was walking down the hall between class (when everyone was there) and totally slipped... and I couldn't get up because I couldn't stand proper... so embarrassing... took a good 5 minutes and about a million "nope I'm good! It's all good" 's before I could hole up in a classroom. So, if you're worried about being singled out and embarrassed, just think, "gee, am I ever glad I'm not a clutz like Erin".
default_smile.png

and remember hun, "Just when the catterpillar though all was lost, she became a butterfly." Hold you head up, and give little Zorro a kiss... be glad it's your collar bone and not his.
default_smile.png
It'll get better soon!

<<hugs!>>

~Erin

Devon, So sorry about your accident and that you are in pain but young bones heal quick. Before you know it you'll be back doing everything you love to do :bgrin When you feel down just look at your special birthday present, little Zorro and give him a cuddle.

hugs Yvonne

Devon, chin up! it's hard when disappointments like this happen but you have to look on the bright side... how can a little thing like a broken collar bone get you down when you are the proud owner of Wee Man AND Zorro?!?!?!?!?

this too shall pass my dear and you will still have your boys
default_wub.png
:

Latest posts

Back