bad start to the new year

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so sorry for your loss. My prayers go out
default_sad.png

I am very sorry for your loss. I know how tragic this can be.

Prayers to you.........

Beth

Oh Valerie, I'm SO deeply sorry you lost Rascal! I can't imagine the shock.
default_sad.png

{{{{Hugs}}}} My heart aches for you
default_crybaby.gif

default_no.gif
Sorry for your loss. Please keep us updated on what you find out on how he died.

God bless you and your family during this time of sorrow.

I'm so sorry for your loss. It's so very hard I know. I too lost my first mini in 09 and was ready to call it quits... but time does heal.

I am sorry for your loss, may I ask how old this horse was? Are you doing a necropsy to see if you can find out why he died?

I am so very sorry, words are too few to express the heartfelt sadness....... Debbie

Thank you all for your kind words.

Yes, it's hard to lose a friend. It's especially hard because if you have followed the Rascal threads you know what a pain the behind he was since he was born, but there was something about him that made me like him anyway.....and he was the first mini we bred for and had born here. Our first and last, after all the stress of having a pregnant mare, I was done with that.....too much anxiety for me.......and I felt so sorry for the mare.

Rascal was 3. His mother had a couple of bad bouts of colic, but Rascal has never had a illness.....except for his crypto gelding procedure.....other than that he has always been healthy. We opted to not to a necropsy.............

We thought CJ would have a hard time being by himself now, but he actually seems quite ok.......guess maybe he was tired of being picked on by his son? I guess only CJ can answer that one.

Thanks again everyone........ I wish I could get the dead Rascal picture out of my head. I am thankful he wasn't mauled by a coyote or wild animal though and I do hope and pray he went peacefully, although I will always feel guilty for not knowing he was in trouble out there.
default_sad.png

Valerie

I'm so very sorry for your loss.
default_sad.png
Please don't blame yourself; it's likely that he went very quickly and that you couldn't have done anything for him even if you had gone out in the imddle of the night to check on the horses (not something many of us do unless we have expectant mares due anyway).

My condolences....

I am so sorry to read that you have lost your precious horse.It is a heartbreak I know.He was lucky to have you care so much about him. Hugs.

Back