bad start to the new year

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Valerie

Reaction score
Ken went to feed this morning and came back in and said he needed me outside.......found Rascal dead in the pasture.

Now waiting for the animal removal people to call back and come out.........this is just heart-breaking........... I can't take anymore sadness.

Atleast it doesn't appear he had any trauma, as far as no animal attack. He was fine last night, I fed last night and both boys came up and were eating.

Life stinks sometimes.
default_sad.png

I am still in shock, all I know is this is it for me, if I wasn't already on anti-depressants and anxiety meds, this would have sent me over the edge.

So much for thinking 2010 was going to be a "better year"........

Valerie

I am so sorry for your loss Valerie.
default_no.gif
It is never easy to lose a beloved animal....((((HUGS))))

I am so sorry. How awful to find one something like that in the morning.

Though it is unbearable now. Hang in there, the whole in your heart will never completely heal, but it will get easier as time goes by.

My thoughts going your way.

Oh Valerie I'm so sorry. What an awful start to the year, but please do keep your chin up even though it's hard.

RIP little Rascal.

[SIZE=12pt]I am so sorry for your loss. My heart breaks for you
default_no.gif
I had a mare acting colicky last night. So thankful she presented symptoms when we where out there to notice. Sometimes life does stink. Sending healing thoughts your way,[/SIZE]

Hugs,

Joy

Oh Valerie, what a shock! I am sooo sorry. Sending big hugs your way.
default_crybaby.gif

default_crybaby.gif
my heart goes out to you. i am so sorry for your lost.My minis are like my children. When we lose our animals it breaking our hearts, because we fill like we have lost a family member. Someone told me when I lost a filly years ago, to give all my love to the ones I have left.You and your family will be in our prayers. God will give our the will power to get throught this.

Oh, Valerie, I'm so sorry!!!
default_new_shocked.gif
default_crybaby.gif
I can't imagine your heartbreak right now. Poor Rascal.

default_bye-sad.gif

Leia

default_no.gif
Oh Valerie, I am so very, VERY sorry for your loss. I hope the rest of 2010 ill be all GOOD for you!

I'm so sorry for you i know how you feel ,this time last year i lost my first mare i ever had and her first foal with me... not quite the same as you but loss is loss and its hard ....but as my nan used to say NOTHING LAST FOREVER NOTHING GOOD AND NOTHING BAD....

Time will make you feel better.

Ohhh Valerie,,,

Not Rascal. I am so sorry. What a terrible shock. Sounds like it was fast and he didn't suffer. If you need anything call me. I am sorry.

I'm so sorry for your loss. There's just so many things that happen that don't make sense to us, hugs to you.

SORRY VALERIE, I REALLY KNOW HOW YOU FEEL. I TOO LOST MY MARE IN DECEMBER, SHE WAS FINE AT BED CHECK AND WHEN WENT TO FEED SHE WAS DEAD. THEY'RE WAITING FOR US AT RAINBOW BRIDGE. AND WILL ALWAYS BE WITH US. HUGS******

So sorry for your loss. It is heartbreaking. {{{Hugs}}}

Valerie, that is such a heartbreaking and shocking thing to have happen! I'm glad you have your husband and other horses to comfort you -- while it doesn't lessen the sorrow, it sure helps with the healing.

Take care,

susanne

Back