Bad News. :( Lost foal.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TripleDstables

Reaction score
Angel is my troubling mare. She didn't show signs, she didn't even have any milk expressable. She never lost her appetite and she never got loose in her back end.

We checked her last night and everything, no signs. So we left her in to munch on her hay... When we came out this morning a perfect little bay filly was on the ground, but already gone.
default_sad.png

I didn't take pictures, and Angel is doing fine, she passed all the afterbirth and hasn't even skipped a step in her daily routine. Though she has been nickering a bit.

I'm just glad to still have my mare.
default_wub.png
But her baby was her exactly. Bay no markings. Perfect little filly just like mama.

Next time I'm going to have to have everything set up perfectly. She just doesn't even hint that she's in foal!
default_no.gif

I'm so sorry about your beautiful filly.
default_no.gif
But I'm glad your mare seems ok.

I am so sorry to hear about the lose of your filly. It is so devastating to lose a foal! I'm happy to hear that your mare is fine though.

Pam C.

Sorry for your loss.

Are you saying you did not know she was in foal??

If so, how will you avoid this problem the next time?

Does your veterinarian do ultrasounds?

I'm so sorry you lost your filly.
default_no.gif
I'm glad to hear your mare is doing okay. These mares can be very sneaky.

Thank you so much you guys. This is the only place I could really go where people know how I feel.

Joanne: I knew she was in foal, I checked her every morning and night to see if she was ready. She just showed no signs of going at all. Yes, we did get her vet checked in foal. (and it was also pretty obvious by her belly size, just not anything else)

This is the heartbreaking part of breeding. Sometimes these things just happen, without warning, and it is heart breaking.

Once again, I am sorry for your loss. Anyone that has done horse breeding for any length of time has been there. Me included...

I'm so sorry you lost your little filly. I can sympathize totally with you. My mare did the same thing beginning of Feb. It leaves you feeling so helpless. Prayers for you to help you get through this terrible time.

I am so sorry to hear of your lost foal.....glad mama is doing well, though. Even when you have things"set up perfectly", they can still go wrong.

Latest posts

Back