"Bad" habits at work?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LindaL

Reaction score
In the type of work I am in, we can be very busy or VERY slow...and when it's slow (Ok, even when it's not so slow...lol) I tend to do things at work that are not work-related or just are "bad" for me :eek: :lol:

I have a "sidekick" phone, which has AIM and Yahoo messengers on it, as well as the web and email, so I am constantly IMing people, emailing or looking at the forum while at work...
default_whistling.gif
:

We have individual-sized Hershey's candy set out on the counter for the customers...I love dark chocolate and we recently added the 60% and 70% dark....so my hand is in the bowl more than it should be....
default_unsure.png
:
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Reading...newspaper, magazines, books.

(BTW, yes, my boss knows I do these things...but it's "supposed" to be just OK when I have "nothing else" to do....
default_wink.png
: :lol: )

Last edited by a moderator:
Oooooooooooh wow
default_smile.png

My bad habbits include spending too much time on LB, sometimes having an office that looks like a file cabinet exploded, taking long lunches, not going in until late morning some days (then, I am in at 7am other days). But, regardless of my bad habits, doing right by my clients is #1 and some days, I work only half time (and get to pick which 12 hours).

After working in the business I co-own with my father since 1995 for so long, I'd have a really hard time going back to working for anyone but my clients. I love it
default_smile.png
But, it's made it so easy for me to let it fly when I loose my temper and no clients are around. Copy machine out of paper, stapler jams, etc., all good reasons to say something "bad" but wha a stress reliever that can be :bgrin

Jill, this is you talking to the copy machine after it runs out of paper>>>> :new_let_it_all_out: :new_2gunsfiring_v1: :new_argue: :ugh:

Just teasing ya....
default_smile.png
I do it too only with me it's out here on the farm and when I drop something on my foot or some mechanical mishap with equipment. I hate mechanical stuff........... :eek:

I would much prefer if there really was a ''easy button'' to push in life! :bgrin Just like the t.v. commercial.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh it gets bad! One day I was in way early and was trying to make some copies of something and the copy machine wasn't cooperating. I don't even remember what I was needing to copy or what the copy machine did to deserve execution. But, I slammed the lid down way too hard and shattered the glass copy screen!!!!!!! What fun explaining to my employees that to order a new one, and why
default_rolleyes.gif
:

I listen to my XM radio all day, Dr Oz at 7am or 1pm.

Oh, watch/listen to Dr Phil on my tiny color tv. bad, bad, bad. :bgrin :eek:

Eating crap from the vending machine...chips, m&m's, skittles...anything I can get my hands on...I never eat sweats at home, I don't really care for them that much (except chips)...We can not leave the building for lunch and I don't take the time to pack something, it seems I'm always running late and don't have time..especially when I work a 2nd shift and then turn around and have to be back there in 8 hrs for a day shift (add on a 1 hr drive each way). I won't even be hungry and I'm stuffing my face...I think it's a stress reliever for me, everyone at my work seems to eat lots and lots of junk food, we are refilling that vending machine every time you turn around.

Other bad habit...cursing like a sailor. In my field everyone (mostly man dominated field) has one heck of a potty mouth and unfortunately it has worn off on me. I am talking nasty nasty cursing...things my mother would backhand me for!

Latest posts

Back