bad first lesson

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelspeeper

Reaction score
OKAY...I DID IT!!!!! I gave driving another try!!! Not on the trainers horse, but on our own. My son would not let me quit. He is such a sneaky one sometimes. Asked me to hold his reins...got out and walk to the head of the horse...then gave me that sly little smirk...and said what are you waiting on...get in!

You would think green horse and VERY green driver would be a disaster in the making. Well I am please to say it went much better than the very experienced horse and first time driver.

we stayed at a pleasant walk (now that's my kinda pace...at least while learning)with my son walking beside me. He gave me instructions on what to do and NOT do. I think he liked getting to boss mom a little too much, so I ran over his foot. Oops!!! New driver mistake...Right??? Who knew you could actually turn the cart that sharp? It really was an accident, and he is fine. But I'm sure I won't live it down for awhile!

Guess now I will have to continue driving, because there won't be any peace if I don't. That's okay... I'm sure once I get the hang of it, I will enjoy it.

angelspeeper said:
I think he liked getting to boss mom a little too much, so I ran over his foot. Oops!!! New driver mistake...Right??? Who knew you could actually turn the cart that sharp?
LOL!!! Good for you, and for your son for getting you in there. I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

Leia

Good for you for not giving up! You will find each time you learn something new. Take a deep breath and enjoy!

Smart son you have there!! Kudos to you both. I hope you hang in there and really enjoy the driving experience.

That's great! Nice and easy is the way it should be done! Way to go! If your son calls you a woman driver, run over his other foot! LOL

Oh Reo...that's too funny!!!!
default_new_rofl.gif
Its been kind of a rough day, so that just made my day better!! Thanks!

Congrats! I was really hoping after your first post that you would give it another try!

Latest posts

Back