Bad Farrier Day

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Linda- I am so sorry to hear this! I know you are not one to complain so this must be pretty bad. Hope you feel better soon, and not just because our horses need to be trimmed! After all the things you said about some of your clients, maybe I shouldn't admit I am one them, but I will say I LOVE MY FARRIER!!!

(I guess this also explains why I haven't heard from you).

GET WELL SOON!!!

Mary

Actually Mary you are one of the best clients! I just haven't returned calls because I have been trying to figure out my schedule because of the darn back! Linda

I came home a few weeks ago and my farrier was here - usually I just leave him a check and he comes by and does them when I'm at work. I walked to the barn and he was doing Dawn in her stall - after standing there for a minute or so I realized that there was no halter or lead on her. She was just standing there being the perfect angel. I commented about it and he said "that's how I do all of your horses." I am very fortunate to have Tom to do my horses - he is really good with them. I have told him not to put up with any crap from them though.

Hope you're feeling better soon - and hope that your client horses get some manners - SOON!!!!

Barbie

Oh, I feel for you, Linda... my back mishap happened after clipping three minis and "extreme" gardening one weekend. It landed me in the doc's office and home with muscle relaxers... that bad back pain makes one unable to walk well but I can finally sleep at night...
default_gaah.gif

All the "girls" here send their whiskery "kisses" - feel better and we hope to see you soon! Neffie has a new tail on order and will need her shoes for Area One.

I also took your lead and came home with a new-to-me diesel Ford 250 today.. I certainly felt safe and feel like I could tow almost anything!

Denise

Silversong Farm

and the girls - Mercy, Freedom, Independence, Nefertiti, Weatherly & Enterprise

I"m a good client.

My farrier and I have it going on pretty good.

I turn my horses out in the am for a good run to let off all their steam. I am always ready for my appoiment.

My appointments are scheduled right after lunch so I get them all back in the barn before she arrives, put halters on and give them hay and they are ready. All are pretty well behaved except one mare who is a nervous horse who is a complete pill to do, but she doesn't want my interference and gets her done slowly. I'll usually get at least one more at random who is going to be stupid at first here and there but nothing terribly bad. She never charged anything for the babies until they became official yearlings and she does them half price. She also doesn't charge me milage because I rounded her up other horses in the area to do. I pay her soon as she is done and always give her a tip. For Christmas I gave her a nice gift and a tip also. I make sure she realizes she is very important to us and very much appreciated. She in turn brought home made horse treats for all the horses!

Latest posts

Back