Back in the saddle again........:)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildoak

Reaction score
Well I did it today
default_smile.png
. Bought a 9 year old western pleasure gelding, pending vet check on Monday. He's 14'3, just my size these days lol, lots of training & some show miles with a sweet little jog and lope. A little lazy - that works too.
default_smile.png
I don't plan to show anymore unless it's just to an open show now and then, but wanted something broke with a good handle. He is Zippo Pine Bar both top and bottom, and very cute. I'll post pictures after we get him home on Monday.

Jan

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan Dang it gal~ You know you can't do this without posting pics!

And a Zippo Pine Bar to show us no less....oh man..........just please don't tell me he's a bay for then I will surely die.

Now then GO LOPE and get thee to thy camera!

Looking forward to photos! I just love the Zippo bred horses, have one myself
default_wub.png
He too is Zippo on the bottom and also carries Hotrodder's Jet Set on the top
default_yes.gif

Okay okay LOL. Well, I was going to post a picture but something is up with my computer tonight and it won't happen. There is a video of him on youtube, under Zippos Master Flash. It's from last fall at a show, with a local trainer on him. Disclaimer: I don't like a lot of what they are doing with wp horses now, and I think she has him a tad bunched up - but even with that he's actually loping behind instead of that sloppy trot behind you see so much of.
default_smile.png

He's not bay Marty, but is a dark, pretty chestnut with darker mane & tail. I'm a bay girl too, but I love his color.

Jan

Congrats on your new Horse, I love Zippo Pine Bar horses as well I just got me one a few days ago
default_wub.png

How exciting !! I can't wait to see pictures. Happy trails
default_smile.png

Congratulations! (My daughter has just started vaulting and I was ring steward for a big horse show recently. Makes me want a biggie again!) .....

default_poke.gif
Pictures?

Enjoy your new friend!

You know you are just making us wait with tons of anticipation ! Cant wait to see the pics of your new bigee !

Zippo horses are wonderful mounts ! If I ever get another biggie to ride ( other than my paint halter bred -that i ride)

I will def. be on the hunt for a zippo mare ( to breed to my boy of course
default_wink.png
)

I agree with ya Jan i havent shown wp for some time now and im not to crazy about their way of goin either - i will have to go ck out

youtube real quick.- its just not natural and for cryin out loud they dont even walk out normal walk like they on eggshells

just not right
default_no.gif

Please dont make us wait to long to see pics of you new baby boy !

Oh congrats I can not wait to see him I will go to youtube and check him out.

In my head I can ride again and really want a aged hunter or W/P horse ( I know opposite ends of the spectrum) but what I can do in my head and what my body can do in reality are often 2 different things lol

Well I guess I jinxed myself by posting here.......he did not pass the vet check today and will not be mine. I'm disappointed, he was just exactly what I was looking for but there is always another. He just had some issues with his front feet/legs that showed up on a flex test, and as I told her I already have plenty of pets with vet issues, not ready to knowingly take on another. If they can get him evaluated and fixed I might take another look but as it stands I'm still shopping.
default_sad.png

Jan

PM me with what exactly you're looking for/price range..

Okay, he is back in the running lol. I won't post again until it happens! They blocked & xrayed his foot today and everything looked fine. He has very thin soles and will be treated accordingly - buted for about 10 days, shoeing corrected and reevaluated. So, in the event that he is still mine.....here he is.

ZipposMasterFlash.jpg

Jan

jan he is cute ! and just the right size. he has a nice jog on him to from what i could tell on the youtube. I have sloooooowwww shall i say

w/p style dial up not the highspeed hunter LOL

good luck and i hope that he does indead pass all inspections this time around he looks sweet

Hi Jan,

If it means anything....it is EXTREMELY rare that any horse passes a vet inspection anymore. Too many law suits. What you have to figure out is if the problem is "manageable". I have seen DOZENS of horses jinxed at vet exams that go on to win tons of stuff on the National level. I could really tell you a few stories about vets and vet exams. In fact one horse that actually passed an exam was the worst horse we have dealt with as far as lameness issues. Again you just have to weigh the manageability of the problem and ask yourself want that specific horse is worth it to you. I really don't blame these vets for covering themselves......too bad it has come to this as it does scare off prospective customers. Then those same people sit around and watch a horse that they have turned down go around the ring year after year with little problems.

Carol

Carol, you are so right and especially with a horse that's been down the road a few years I would not expect him to be perfect. If he was just a little off after a flex test I would not be so concerned - I'd be "off" too if someone bent my knee up and asked me to jog LOL. He is very tender, and kind of rocked back off his front end - and I believe this has been ongoing for awhile. At any rate, if the bute does its job and I can manage it with shoeing then yes, it's a go.

I sold a mare once who tested off in all four legs - she'd not ever been lame. They passed on her, she went to someone else and last I heard ( after probably 10-12 years) she was still sound and being used to trail ride. Prepurchase now fortunately is not usually graded on a pass/fail basis by the vets, but more as you said on a "what can you live with" basis.
default_smile.png

Jan

Latest posts

Back