Back from our 2nd National Show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fastrack

Reaction score
First, great summary of the show, Ruffian. I agree with the brown ribbon. Actually, I liked last year's color scheme better, but I heard there were complaints on having the same color. Impossible to please everyone. The white, yellows, etc just look like all the other show ribbons; where the burgundy & gold ribbons from last year looks (as my grandson says) 'sweet'!

We took 3 of our horses and had 2 Top Tens so are very happy! We've been concentrating on small with quality in our breeding program and it is so satisfying to be able to compete with the quality of horses that are at the national level.

I believe we may have had the smallest horse there, officially (no stretching :) measuring at 24.25". When I saw all the beautiful stallions in the weanling class, I thought we would just be going in the ring for the experience. Our little guy, GMR Bandidos Little Husseler won 7th place!!

Our 28" yearling gelding brought home a 4th place ribbon.

I was a little disappointed our 30" overo didn't place in the color class, after winning Reserve National Champion last year, but loved the coloring of the winners this year, so not complaining. They were pretty and deserving of the call. I just think our guy is an awesome little overo; course, I'm a bit prejudice
yes.gif

All in all, a well run show. Excellent facilities, nice sound system in the barns so easy to know what class is being shown.

Latest posts

Back