Baby diary continued.....Got very scarey news

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreammountainminis

Reaction score
HI all I am updating everyone on our new arrival I am 23 weeks , over half way there ,I had an appt the baby is doing good ..They are very concerned about me though I am loosing wieght instead of gaining I have lost 38 pounds in the last year but I had figured it was stress related as I take care of my 80 yr old father with parkinsons and he has been in and out of the hospital all the time with uti's .

They now have me scared to death as i was diagnosed 4 yrs ago with cervical displacia , Which at the time was only abnormal cells , I have been having some minor bleeding and pain and some other problems that I dont feel comfortable talking about , The docs did a pap smear and are very concerned as I have a very bad bacterial infection in my female parts along with a yeast infect and they said that with the problems I have been having they think that the displacia has advanced into cancer They can not do a coloscopy (sp) as they dont want to do anything that would cause me to dialate as i have a history of preemie babies , so they sent me for bloodwork and so on , I am really upset and scared ...Has anyone else had this ?? I understand why they cant do anything right now but I am really scared , I have two more appts this month too get results and they want to do another ultrasound as I have also had fiberoid tumors in the past and they want too make sure that they have not come back . I will keep everyone updated and please pray that all results come back good ..

Oh gosh! That sounds very scary! You have to try to relax...think of your baby...she/he will need their mom! Take care of yourself! Wish I had more info for you. Will be keeping you in my prayers. (((((HUGS)))))

I have two sister's that are nurses and both have been the charge nurses for obstetrics. I am going to copy and paste your post and email to both of them. I will send you a PM with both of their responses. I'm praying for you, hang in there.

Debbie

I'm glad the baby is fine; and I'm so sorry for your news. Please know that our prayers are there for you. You've been through so much and I thank God for your healing. ((((HUGS))))

God bless,

Joan

Oh my gosh, that sure is scarey news! Sending prayers for you that it is not cancer. What a terrible thing to have to wait and worry over. Good Luck! (((HUGS)))

Oh Melanie! That's certainly not the update I was wanting to read about! I'm very happy that the baby is doing well, but also very concerned for YOU. I'll be praying that the results come back that it is NOT cancer. Try and stay strong and positive for that wee one on the way. {{{HUGS}}} I know you're missing your Mom and feeling very alone right now. Even though all of us are miles away I hope you can feel the strength and love we're sending your way.

Waiting is the hardest part! Sending prayers and good thoughts your way that there is no cancer and they get your infection cleared up!, and of course, that you have a healthy baby! {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

I, too, had cervical displacia when I was young. I had cervical laser surgery to remove the abnormal cells. Because of that, I had an "incompetent cervix"--it was very weak & could not support the weight of a growing baby. I had 2 miscarriages, but on my third pregnancy, the doctors did a cerclage which is basically tying my cervix closed with what looks like butchers twine. My son was born healthy the night after the cerclage was removed. I got pregnant again quickly & had another cerclage. But this pregnancy was a little rougher. Among other things, I had an amniotic fluid leak. The doctors gave me some type of steroid shots twice a week to help the baby's lungs develop quicker. My pap smear was showing abnormal cells again. I was able to wait until my son was born for the colposcopy, though. I ended up having a hysterectomy at the age of 23. Oh, they also found a grapefruit sized cyst on my right ovary during the surgery which they somehow missed even while doing 2 ultrasounds a week on me!

Maybe you could ask your doctor about a cerclage & maybe the steroid shots so you could go ahead & have the colposcopy. I know it must be driving you crazy and that might help put your mind at ease.

If you would like, feel free to PM me or email me at [email protected] I hope everything turns out okay for you!

OMG I am so sorry to hear this...

I am sending prayers your way and (((HUGS))) too!!

Keep us posted...

I had cervical displacia when I was early married too.........They did cryosurgery to kill the abnormal cells.

However, I wasn't pregnant at the time.

Sending prayers for you and your little one.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Did they do cyrosurgery on the abnormal cells from your pap a few years ago? If they didn't I would definately be wondering why not.

Sending prayers...take care of yourself.

Keeping you and your baby in my thoughts and prayers.

Adding my prayers and good thoughts for GOOD news for you and your baby. {{{hugs}}}

When they told me about the displacia 4 yrs ago they didnt do any surgery , they only did the pap and the colposcopy and they said that alot of women have abnormal cells during pregnancy because at the time i was preg for my youngest son , I had another pap after hunter was born and they said I still had abnormal cells but did not do anything further , I am now with this pregnancy seeing a new ob in a completely different town , and now they are finding out all this ...

I have been so worried about loosing my mom ,taking care of my 5 kids and my dad the last 2 yrs i have not worried about myself , I have no immediate family that can help or that i can even talk to..I carry everything on my shoulders 99% of the time with a smile , my motto has been god never gives you more than you can handle ...I am praying that it is not cancer or if it is that I can have a hysterectomy and they get it all . I have to many ppl depending on me , my kids are 13 , 11, 10 ,6 ,4 and new baby and my dad who can no longer do anything for himself he is barely able to turn over in bed . I feed him , bath ,get him dressed Lift him from bed to chair ,chair to wheelchair , wheelchair to car and so on granted he only wieghs 140 pds . They all need me !!

The hardest part is sitting here scared to death waiting for results ..I thank each and everyone of you that have been here for me and for all the prayers ..

Also I want to update everyone they say 95% the baby is a girl and we have picked a name for her (Eliehga Marie). My moms middle name was elizabeth and my fiances moms middle name is marie and Ihave always loved the name leigha .

If it is a Boy that one is still being thought about ...If this is a girl I will have 3 girls and 3 boys. their names are Kariana ,sierra ,jack , Quintin and hunter..

I am praying you get the good news you want, and soon....also want to say that I LOVE every one of your kids' names!

Honey, you must be a very strong person to be who you are. Hang in there and I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, hopefully they will have some good news for you at your next appointment. I would definately want some answers.

oh my...my thoughts and prayers are with you....please take care of yourself and try and relax some. take time to sleep too you will need it...

Mel, I am so sorry for hearing about what you are going threw. I also had the abnormal cells, but that is when Paul and I were seperated.. My goodness girl, you can call anytime day or night, you know that.. I know I can't make it all go away, but at least we can be yipping on the phone to the wee hours of the morning again. Sorry, I haven't seen this until now, I have been fighting pneumonia.. Sicker than a dog, and I know I wouldn't have been able to hold a conversation, without coughing up a lung.. Sending prayers your way that you get some answers soon, and that they are good news answers.. I just can't believe that they didn't due something after you gave birth last time.. Hey hon, everything is going to be alright..I have to work this weekend( Yippie, I got called back) but I will be trying to get ahold of you soon..
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
Praying that everything is going to be alright..

Latest posts

Back