Baby clothes!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackwater Farm

Reaction score
I was just recently given the opportunity to buy the only baby my now gelding has ever sired. She is 10 months old now so technically a yearling and I want to show her at some local shows. This will of course require me to buy her some clothes. I want to get her a sheet and a blanket for when I body clip and to keep her clean. Thats easy enough, I know how to measure for those. I was looking into getting her a hood also though like a sleazy or something and I am not sure what size to order. I see that the sizes are based on height at withers and she is already closing in on 33" (and I'm praying she stays there!) but with her being just a yearling she has a thin little neck. I'm worried that if I order one that it will be too big. I dont want one that might hang on her because that might pose a safety risk right? Other than a hood, a sheet and a blanket are there any other "clothes" that you guys find essential? I am only showing her locally this year so nothing major and we dont have a very large budget but I would love to get her what I have to have to keep her war and lookin purdy (keep in mind I live in the south, already in the 70's here)! I will post more pictures when I get her clipped up a bit more, only have had the chance to do her face and I want to wait until I have a blankie for her until I do a full body!

saphire4.jpg

I would suggest contacting Jackie w/ Supreme Equine Design, she can help you with the correct size. Or you can also look on eBay for stuff too.

She sure is a cutie, good luck and have fun showing her!!!

I would suggest contacting Jackie w/ Supreme Equine Design, she can help you with the correct size. Or you can also look on eBay for stuff too.

She sure is a cutie, good luck and have fun showing her!!!

Thank you! I am only going to show her locally for fun. She has the sweetest personality and the best color, but her conformation is a bit off to me (which is why she will never be bred). I am a stickler for conformation. She has more sentimental value to me than anything! I actually may take some more pics of her to see what everything thinks of her, I think her front pasterns are a bit long and she looks a bit cow hocked to me, not sure if its a baby thing or if thats just her, I think it's just her. Thanks for your info!

Latest posts

Back