Baby Barn Owls Photos

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaladar

Reaction score
Saw a post on the book thread about the baby owls. I think it was me...I have had baby owls in my big barn for many years now. They had 2 hatches last year....the second hatch had 7 (Seven !!!!) babies,(and somewhere I have a picture of all seven, I will try to find it) but only 4 made it. The bigger ones kept pushing out the smaller ones, and the box is way up high, and even though they fall into my soft arena, they don't make it.

Anyway....here is one of the 2009 hatches:

babyowls09b.jpg

and here are the ones that are out there now...there are 4 of them, one ducked down:

BabyOwls2010a.jpg

I sure do enjoy them.

Sue

I found this picture that I think is adorable....these may be from 2008.....maybe 2007

BabyOwlsMay31a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
They have got to be the cutest little birds. I was sitting out side about 6:00 one morning this winter and there was one sitting on the power line right in front of me. He or she was so awesome. We were actually watching each other. Lately I have been blessed with a big old Hawk that resides in the trees close by and likes to perch on the power line middle of the day to hunt the big field across the way. He too is gorgeous. But looks beat up and old. Dang! I never seem to have my camera with me though.

That is so cool... I think owls are really neat. How fun to watch them raise their babies every year!! Thanks for sharing your pics.

Cool...Kev and I would love to have some Barn Owls here. He used to get them here years ago, but they can't be found now. There is a project to re-introduce them to Southwestern Ontario and to help lure them back by building nesting boxes, etc.

Haha... I thought it was exciting that we had barn swallows nest in our barn. HOW COOL to have owls in your barn!!! I am *so* jealous. Thanks for sharing such awesome photos!!!!

Latest posts

Back