B.C. is in chaos!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tigeresss

Reaction score
Well I don't know if any of yall have heard on the American news...not sure if it's big enough for it or not...but basically all of BC is having a strike. It all started out with the teachers but as of today the mail workers, transit, rec centres, government employees etc etc(basically any unionized people apart from the ferries and healthcare) are on a walkout/strike!!!

Our premier spoke about it today but only said the same things that were said last week. He was also adamant about not doing any negotiating while doing an illegal strike and that we can't pick/choose our laws. To be a civilized society we have to abide by laws otherwise it isn't a democracy...I think it's asmusing that he's so passionate about that seeing as he was caught drinking and driving which is something that is absolutely unforgiveable by my standards. He sounds like a bit of a hypocrite eh!

So far we've been out of school since October 7th...well we had school that day(a friday) and then we had a long weekend as the monday was Canada's thanksgiving but then as of the tuesday there was no school. I'm glad the teachers are standing up for us students...I mean in my school and many other schools across BC if you're late for a class then you have to sit on the floor. In my school there are students sitting on windowsills and the floor, as well as two to three students shareing one computer. Do you know how hard it is to learn in those sort of conditions? Not to mention in the foods and shop classes they're only supposed to hvae about 20-24 students but we have shop (i.e workig on cars, metal class, wood class etc) classes with 32 or more students...Do you realize how big of a safety issue that is? Students are being hurt!!!!!

Ayyye that's my rant.

That sounds like a mess...what part of BC are you in?

Just curious as I have friends/acquaintances in North Van and they have kids. Wonder how it is affecting them.

I hope it is settled, soon, for the better.

Liz M.

Nootka- Yes, their kids are not in school.

My mom is part of CUPE, she's a support worker. She has been picketing with the teachers since middle of last week, union orders.

I am in full support of our teachers and have in fact been picketing a little bit with them, when I have the time. It's time that the people who make this province what it is stand up for their right to a decent working environment!!!!

new_shocked.gif
Wow. Sounds like the citizens are taking action!

You said health care is still operating.....are the police?

MA

Good luck on the endeavers! Hope things get better! I wish we had your health care system here though!

Fran

Latest posts

Back