They're coming....they're coming

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixie_belle

Reaction score
Every year we have the environmental studies class from the local high school come out to the house for a field trip about solar energy. They bring bag lunches and I feed them dessert. Every year the students from last year talk it up to this year's class and they all come hungry. LOL I've been baking all day and I've got a list of things to make tomorrow. Someone always forgets their lunch so I'm having cocktail meatballs and chips and dip along with all my desserts this year.

Hubby typically gives a speech about solar, they all tromp out to the panels and they see how it works and then they all sit around on the driveway or the floor, where every they are comfortable and they eat their lunches. Then they all the girls want to see the horses and the boys want to go out to the garage to see our show vehicles.

Hubby and I really enjoy their visit. They are all interested in solar and they are all unfailingly polite.

We always get some really nice thank you cards from the kids. They'll all say something like: "thank you for all the good food, and we love the horses and the dogs....oh, and by the way, the solar panels are cool, too" LOL

Today I made banana pudding, sour cream pound cake, cream cheese strudel and oreo lasagna.

Tomorrow all I have to do is make the cocktail meatballs and then put everything on platters (and vacuum, and clean, and on and on and on.....) But we are basically ready so let them come and bring their appetites!!

That is so awesome! I think that it is great that you are so welcoming to them. Im dying to learn more about installing solar panels. As I renovate my stable I'd love to put them on the roof. And please tell me more about this oreo lagagna....I must look like homer simpson drooling over my computer screen right now.

We love having the kids here every year. (And I get to try out new recipes on them. They make great guinea pigs!!)

They were here about two hours. They played with the horses (LOVED the horses). They played with the dogs. They oogled the chickens. They went out to the solar array and got a speech about a grid tie system. Then they all tromped down to our underground shelter to see our off grid system. They ate, they drank, the girls all used the bathroom. We had no injuries and only one lost contact lens (which was found, by the way). All in all, it was a good visit.

I'm attaching a picture of them as they trooped back onto the bus. And there is Flat Lily in the picture, as well. (look real close and you'll see her) We are doing a Flat Lily project this week for our grand daughter back in Texas.

Flat Lily Day 4 004.JPG

Latest posts

Back