Autobiographies

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Remali

Reaction score
I can't believe I have yet to read one. I had always been meaning to, but just haven't done so yet. Anyone into reading autobiographies, and if so, which were your favorites? I'm also a major, MAJOR music junkie. Back in the day my friends and I went to rock concerts almost every other weekend, saw such great musicians and bands.... Queen, Peter Frampton, Great White, Neil Young.... a bunch more. I'm thinking I may have to read Neil Young's autobiography, and of course I'm dying to read Steven Tyler's autobiography (love him!). Aside from musicians, I'm trying to think who else I would want to give a read. Actors maybe.... I'm a Lauren Bacall fan, not sure if she has a book out (I would think so, but...).

So, I'm curious as to what some of you may have read, and what you thought about the book.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love biographies and autobiographies! Right now, one of my current books is Passage to Power, about the presidential transition from JFK to LBJ. This is no weighty tome to slog through just to get to the other end -- this reads as easily as the lightest of summer reads, yet gives fascinating insight into the hatred between Johnson and Robert Kennedy and much more..

There are a number of rock bios and autobiographies out at the moment. Keith Richards' and Patti Smith's are both supposed to be excellent, and I MUST read Neil Young's, as I love him. I recently read Kicking and Dreaming (so-so), by Ann and Nancy Wilson of Heart, and Sting's Broken Music (very blah).

Here's a list of some of the latest rockers' tales:

http://news.qthemusi..._star_auto.html

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't usually read biographies of any kind if I can help it (I work at a school and sometimes I have to read one with the kids). The only one that has ever interested me is one that was written by Jenny McCarthy. But then, I love her witty personality. I guess I'm just not that interested in reading about someone else's life - seems kind of boring to me. I don't even like to read gossip magazines or articles about celebs unless they did something really amazing.

I do however love books about the past (Ancient Egypt, Greece, Native Americans), so I did enjoy reading about Cleopatra and Julius Ceasar when I was younger.

Oh me too, I love books about the past, so glad you mentioned that, I never thought about biographies from back then, and I have always been very interested and impressed with Native American culture/people, I may have to look for something along those lines.

And, yes, Keith Richards, love that guy, I bet that would be an entertaining read! Jenny McCarthy too, she's a riot. And Patti SMith, I must have worn out that 45 rpm I had of her song, "Because The Night", I'm going to have to check that out too.

When I was in school, my two favorite projects were based on Cleopatra and The Native American (Sioux) Ghost Dance. I just could not read enough about them and their cultures. I also had to read a biography on Ann Frank, which still depresses me to this day. Perhaps that is why I don't care much for nonfiction.

I've been thinking about this all day and I remembered that I always did want to read the one on Princess Diana too. Other ones by Tim Allen and Steve Martin might be pretty good also.

Latest posts

Back