At last, "Driver" is driving

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anne

Reaction score
Havencrofts Night Driver is a black and white blue eyed pinto gelding I have wanted to get driving last year. Time just didn't allow it though I did get a lot of ground work done.

This spring we were determined and I am so happy with him.

He's coming right along. I'll get pictures soon but he's being such a good boy.

I was beginning to think I would never get it all worked out.

Now we've driven him 5 times and are having a lot of fun.

The conditioning needs to be worked on but he is so willing.

Though he has a "slow and steady" attitude and probably won't ever do roadster (LOL)he is being a delight!

I'm thinking Western pleasure driving for now. Nice little jog and a steady headset.

Honestly I was beginning to wonder if we would get this going with all that is going on around here this year.

Now I feel like celebrating.

Anne

Celebrate!!
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
It's so much fun!! Although finances make me unable to compete this year, I am having a great time just going out and tooling around the "back 40" with my boys. Sometimes I get so caught up in the conditioning and practising that I forget to have fun. This year I am just "playing" and am having a blast! Enjoy your new driver!!

Congratulations! How great that you have trained him yourself. I can't wait to see the pics of you driving him. There is absolutely nothing wrong with a nice quiet driving horse. It opens up so much outside territory to you. You're going to have so much fun with him now.

Back