Asking for help

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlotte,

We had a little horse that had this same problem! We checked her mouth and throat and found nothing! We finally took her to the vet and as one vet was checking her another vet came in and ran his hand in her mouth from behind her head and found a small stick lodged crossways between her top back jaw teeth! He was able to remove it with his thumbs! They rinsed her mouth and she was fine after that. Have Frank get his fingers in Skippers mouth and see if there's anything at all in there!

Bill

Skipper seems to be grrraaaaddduuuuaaally improving. Yesterday there was no foaming except for a little bit at the evening feeding time. He was eating a bit more willingly so did not get any banamine. this morning he's eating some but sure not like a horse should. even though it's 16 outside I put him in a dry lot with a shed open to the south where the sun can shine in. I keep a variety of hays and feeds in front of him all the time. He picks at some and some he ignores completely.
thank you to everyone who took the time to write a response. I appreciate you.

Charlotte

p.s. Teri (cindydog12) Your Mr Zorba and Skipper are not related at all...I checked pedigrees on the studbook. Is Zorba having trouble right now?
zorba has been doing this for about a week and a half now, just read about "cold stress", and I'm inclined to think that might have something to do with it. Glad to hear your little guy seems to be doing better!

Latest posts

Back