Article in Febr Dressage Today

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minimoesmom

Reaction score
We get Dressage Today magazine because my daughter rides Dressage on her Appaloosa. The magazine came yesterday and we were surprised to find the article "Thumbs Up to Driven Dressage", about a Miniature horse and his owner who do dressage thru driving. Very good article and good to see recognition for our mini's in a dressage magazine and the versatility of mini's.

Interesting! I'll have to go take a look at it- it's probably someone I know.
default_laugh.png

Leia

Thanks for the tip - I will try to look up a copy. I have done ridden dressage on Target, and now driven dressage with one of our minis (Princess). I would like to see even more articles about minis in magazines like this - Kudos to Dressage Today!

Found this on youtube

for those have never seen the mini dressage. This video of Lancelot is from Germany. He's pretty cute.

"The mini dressage?"
default_unsure.png
Lancelot is one of the best representations of true classical work done with a miniature horse, sure, but he's far from the only one!
default_biggrin.png
There are LOTS of minis doing dressage these days, on long lines and in the shafts.
default_yes.gif

Leia

I stopped by my local English tack store on the way home yesterday and picked up a copy of the magazine. I was right- the author is in Washington State and trains with my trainer!
default_biggrin.png
I've never met her because she started after I stopped taking lessons due to Kody getting hurt, but hopefully I'll get to meet her soon when Turbo gets going.

I'm very impressed with the article, the horse, and the driver herself. What a great representation of our breed!
default_aktion033.gif

Leia

Thats awesome its someone you know! I was so surprised when I saw the article, maybe it will answer some of questions of "what do you DO with a mini?" Never expected to see such a great article on mini's in a dressage magazine. It said there are more pictures and info online, but I haven't checked yet.

Whoot whoot... can't wait to see it... I am a dressage rider... and love to do stuff playing with lateral work with my minis...!

More publicity for our little horses! Awesome!

Latest posts

Back