ARRRRRR

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashley

Reaction score
ARrrrr first let me start with I am very cranky. I hate this shift, and I hate being woke up on it.

After only 3 very short restless hours of sleep my door bell rings. Low and behold the Jehovahs are here.

Now why on earth do they feel the need to go door to door with there crap? Sorry but I believe what I believe and nobody on this earth is gonna change that. I really hate being woke up by them, and yes its more then once.

Then my ever so whinny dog today started whinning again after that as they woke her up and she wanted out of her kennel.

Let me tell you, people at work think im crabby normally, wait until they get ahold of a overly tired person, who doesnt feel like doing everybody elses work because they are to lazy to.

Oh I can just see the fun night at work tonight............................

I am so sorry
sad.gif
I have never had to do shifts (other than not sleeping for 10 years because babies were getting me up
rolleyes.gif
) May be you could make a sign and put it on your door? I hope you can get some sleep. I never thought about these shifts causing our dog's grief too. I pity your coworkers - I hope they see your stress and actually do their jobs
wink.gif

Nah they dont, I just yell at them all night. It doesnt help that they are temps and well we havent hand any good temps in, in a long time. Most of them are very lazy as they know they wont get fired. We full time people have more of a chance getting fired then they do.

I only get cranky after so much, considering im doing everything one handed, and left handed since my shoulder is bothering me so much. I try to save it as much as I can to hopefully last all night.

Sorry I guess I just cant stand lazyness. My opionion is if you cant do your job get off it and let somebody who can, you arent getting paid to make your co-workers fix your screw ups all night. Then in turn I get yelled at my by the forman all night for slowing up the line to fix there screw ups. However he knows the girl dont work in the job at all. Alot to do with the fact she talks non stop for 8 hours. He just dont move her as he dont think anybody else can do the job, hah.

Last edited by a moderator:
They came here one time years ago when I was out grooming one of my mares, so I came around to the front of the house with her. I just told them I'm Catholic (I'm not) and they have not been back.

Several times though one local church (Baptist, I think), has left these bags on our door with 'stupid" stuff like a toy windmill thing which I chased my dogs with and candy that or cookies has been put in baggies... In this day and age, who would eat something not factory sealed from strangers?

The worst I have encountered were when I was house sitting at my parents' house and some Mormon (sp?) young men on bikes came by and I was dumb enough to say something like "thank you, but I'm comfortable with my beliefs" and not to close the door with that (ended up having a "discussion" for about 10 minutes).

The best answer for me so far by far is the Catholic one. With my last name (O'Roark), that is more beleivable than to say that I'm Jewish (not either).

You know, another thing that one time really made me feel disgusted was I got a Christmas card from the parents of a young lady I'm friends kind of with (bought a horse from her a few years ago and have known her since we moved to here). They enclosed this flyer for their church and about their religeon which is an extreme one (like no movies, no jewelry, church 2-3 time s week...). It offended me because wouldn't you think that a person my age already has their own set of beliefs? I felt like sending them a Christmas card w/ some investment literature. I am way too thin skinned I know but I did feel insulted. This family, the father actually said about the daughter (my friend) that it probably would be good for her to go to college because she might meet a good husband there...
rolleyes.gif

We have that problem with the 7th day adventists. One day, a van pulled up and this dressed to the hilt black church lady steps out. The dogs had been raising a rucus about the van coming up the hill, so when it stopped and the lady got out, I opened the front door and corgis spilled out barking like the hounds from he##. She freaked, I told her they were just glad to see her (they were) but she didn't believe me.
rolleyes.gif

We finally told them to stop coming here we would never be interested and consider it trespass and harrassement so they stopped.

A few months ago a carload stopped in and said they had us on their list to not stop, did we still want them to not stop! JEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZ! I rather unpleasantly said YES!
wacko.gif
wacko.gif

I guess I am the same way, I think religion is certainly nothing that should be peddled "door to door"!

Certainly noone should push their religious beliefs on another person. If the person does not come looking for it on their own, it should be left at that. This is one of the things that is majorly WRONG about organized religion and there is SO MUCH MORE but that is a whole 'nother can o' worms.

Sorry for the disruption in your schedule, sounds like you need a good break (as in everything to go "your way" for a while, or just smoothly.

Liz M.

Not to single out any group, I don’t like ANYONE I don’t know coming to my door. I am very private so I just put up a BIG sign that says Dog and I keep the gate closed. Works pretty good. I have a J.W. for a neighbor and they are very nice and they respect my believes but as in all things some people just won’t take no as an answer.

I have quite a bit of first hand knowledge about that religion.

They go door to door because in their Bible, St. James version, there is something in there that says that they are to do exactly that; to go and spread the word, door to door. They call it "telling the truth"......they want you to learn "the truth" and that is why they bring their Lighthouse booklet and ask you to read it and want you to be aware of "what is happening in our time" etc.

Edited for correction: I think their publication are Watchtower and Awake, trying to remember. Sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
JO~* said:
Not to single out any group, I don’t like ANYONE I don’t know coming to my door. I am very private so I just put up a BIG sign that says Dog and I keep the gate closed. Works pretty good. I have a J.W. for a neighbor and they are very nice and they respect my believes but as in all things some people just won’t take no as an answer.
496280[/snapback]

I have a BIG, BIG Livestock Guardian Dog AND a beware of dog sign ON MY GATE (we live a major highway). Bruno's head is close to 6 feet up when he stands up on the gate and still, every few months, some dumba@@ will decide it's OK to open the gate and walk on up to the house @@....p i s s e s me off to no end.
ohmy.gif
wacko.gif

Well I did lay back down and got a 4 hour nap in. Still exhausted. Cant wait unitl this week is over and I am off this shift.

I really cant stand the JW people. I dont think anyone should go door to door like that to 'peddle' their religion.

I am a Christian (Im pretty sure you know that by now
smile.gif
) And they way I look at it is, yes my religion tells me to share my beliefs with others, but why in the world would someone want to listen to me tell them that they are wrong and I am right and show up at their door to tell them this??

I choose to witness through example, I try to live my life in a way that other want to know why Im different, and if they ask, well im more than happy to share!

Hopefully you will get some more sleep tonight!

Ashley

OK this is really bad but a few years ago we had an angora goat who was quite a pet and the nicest thing you could say about her looks was that she looked rather

"funny". Bella liked to hang out at our back door in the hope that someone would

come out and play with her. Well the JW showed up and my husband asked them if they wanted to take the goat for a sacrifice. Have never seen them again, something tells me that they have a big red "X" on the map "DO NOT GO HERE...

CRAZY PEOPLE LIVE HERE!"..... Suits me just fine.
yes.gif

I have two stories for the JW people...

The first time they came, they WOKE ME UP AT 6 IN THE MORNING. When I opened the door, I was still in my pajamas. They preceded to lecture me about how I wasn't supposed to still be alseep, OR in pajamas and how I should be headed to church. I myself am an Atheist for various reasons and I don't like being told to go to church. After they told me that, they told me about how religion was the most "important" study in the world today. I told them that my biology test concerned me a heck of a lot more. They left...hehe

The best one though - my friend Sarah and I had been fooling around with black makeup. Lipstick, heavy eyeliner, we were having fun, and we were home alone. We already had on our regular clothes ((lots of black, hehe)) and we opened to door to find these JW people. We kinda scared them, and they kept telling us we were "poor" children, and that we lost Gods light. I think the old woman would have keeled over when I told them we were "Satanist" ((I'm not, nor have I ever been or want to " if I hadn't told them goodnight first. I haven't seen the women in a while, but last weekend there were 2 men standing on my porch...

My best friend grew up JW and she HAD to do the door to door it is required by the religion.......she has alot of large dogs so they don't bother her often
biggrin.gif
as she isn't JW anymore.......

I have a 300 foot driveway and lots of large dogs and a closed gate so I don't get much either But I used too and I would simply ask them if they'd like to attend a midnight naked ceremony celebrating the goddess...man they couldn't get away from me fast enough
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

I actually feel sorry for those people they are so wrapped up in their cult that they cannot see the sheer rudeness of violating a persons privacy and sanctity of their home.....I think like vampires there should be a rule about thresholds..."cannot cross unless invited"

We had a couple of ladies come down the driveway when we were ground driving our stallion around the yard. Now, Rio had a tendancy to rear... both Jane and I secretly kept thinking "c'mon, buddy- rear...." but he didn't. They did want to pet him, be we told him he wasn't friendly ( which he wasn't, really).

Now, I was raised Catholic, believe Jesus is my Savior, but really don't care for organized religion. I don't go to service. I'd never do it, but I was SO TEMPTED when those ladies asked if I had found Jesus to answer:

"I didn't know He was lost!"

heh heh heh. I am so bad....

Lucy

~LadyBug~ said:
I am a Christian (Im pretty sure you know that by now
smile.gif
) And they way I look at it is, yes my religion tells me to share my beliefs with others, but why in the world would someone want to listen to me tell them that they are wrong and I am right and show up at their door to tell them this??I choose to witness through example, I try to live my life in a way that other want to know why Im different, and if they ask, well im more than happy to share!

496324[/snapback]

Well said...
aktion033.gif
yes.gif

Well most of you know that I dont beleive in god so dont like any kind of religion forced on me. I really really hate being woke up for it as well, especially since I wasnt sleeping well and I didnt get to go back to sleep as my dog was awakened as well.

Sigh................we will see how work goes..................an hour and a half and counting.

I think it's very common in the south to invite people to your Church no matter what your religion is. From our mailman to our garbage man, and business associates, we have been invited to many churches through the past years, living here in the "Bible Belt."

I don't see anything wrong with that. No one has pushed anything on us, but merely let us know where their Church was located and time of service, and yes we have received flyers as well.

I also do not think it is right to be mean or hateful or insulting to anyone who is just following their religious laws. When the JW come here I just politely say "thank you., but I have a religious comitment."

Much like telephone soliciters, they are just doing their job, no need to be that rude to anyone.

As far as:

Well the JW showed up and my husband asked them if they wanted to take the goat for a sacrifice.

That was not the JW. They do not do that.

I once had a group of JW's come to my house when I was living in Calgary and I told them "Sorry, I'm not interested, I don't believe in the bible or organized religion. I believe in evolution." I got into a 10 minute discussion with them on why I was right and they were wrong. I love tormenting them LOL I know it's wrong, but I just can't stand them coming to my door all the time. My dad made the mistake of listening to them one time when mom wasn't home and they keep coming back thinking he's interested, which he isn't.
rolleyes.gif

Latest posts

Back